Tred Barta! What do you think?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Wabash River Bear, Mar 3, 2007.

1. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm sure most of you all have heard of Tred, seen him on OLN, or read about him somewhere. I personally think this guy is so full of himself that when he takes a crap, he gives birth to his own twin. How has this guy convinced so many people that he is worthy of hosting a sportsman's show? Don't we have enough problems trying to maintain a humane public sense of game and fish harvesting without this clown parading around flaunting his primal instincts for the eyes of those who are just waiting for a reason to scream about animal rights? Holy crap, private land to hunt is hard enough to come by. If we are all veiwed as cavemen, clubbing bambi to death with a thorney stick, we might as well hand it up. We have evolved, we have become sensable, humane hunters. We have better tools in which to hunt. He likes to boast about how his way to hunt is the only true hunting, and that we modern day hunters are basically watered down versions of a true outdoorsman. I disagree. Tred is entitled to his opinion, and to hunt in his own way, but I'm here to tell ya, he dont represent me, or anyone else I know, and shouldnt be on national t.v. giving John and Jane Q. Public that impression. I was raised to only take what you can eat, and do it as quickly and as painlessly as possible. Thats just my opinion and how I feel. What do you think?

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't know Tred, but I am a firm believer in fair chase. I don't think any animal should suffer any longer than necessary before it dies. This dude sounds like a jerk, and a poor represntation of what being a sportsman is all about.

3. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for your input Matt. If you havnt seen the Tred Barta Show, you really should at least once, then you will know that your opinion is absolutely correct.:cool2:

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    he has a rite to the way he hunts and fishes that being said i have a problem with the way he treats the animals and fish.he has no respect for them,me,or any one else.im not an anamal rites person but i do belive in respecting the things god has giving me.this includes the opinions of my fellow man or woman.

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I love the show.

He is one of the best boat captains around.

He hunts with a longbow. Deer, bear, elk, moose, geese, ducks....yes ducks.

Probably 50% of his shows he never kills anything. Usually missing or messing something up. How many times has Bill Jordan done that compared to hunts where he kills a Booner? Bill Jordan would not shoot the animals that Tred Barta considers a trophy.

Is he full of himself? Not in my opinion. He is flamboyant and opinionated, but in no way arrogant. He readily admits he is out of shape and a goof ball.

6. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    Thats what I like about the good ole USA, freedom of expression. When I wrote the post I fully expected to see both sides of the coin. Thanks for taking the time to drop by and give us your two cents worth.:cool2:

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I have seen a number of his shows, there are things I like and things I don't like about him. As far as him hunting in the way of our ancestors, that is fine by me. He is also very motivational and is not afraid to show his imperfections unlike other shows on TV which adds for over all realism. He knows how to track down Big eye tuna like no other and holds world records. I was not so happy about the show where he shot and killed the grizzly because he shot it along side a logging road, and it was for trophy. Everbody has made mistakes while hunting and fishing and the fact that he shows these mistakes contributes to the education of the viewer.

8. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    Don't watch him...don't like him.

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I don't watch any hunting shows nothing against them but they just ain't my bag:tounge_out:

10. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ive seen one of his shows, it was where he was hunting wild pigs with a knife. I though hmmm at least he gives the pigs a chance to get back at him, but that really isnt true they had these dogs that held the pig at bay while he stabbed it repeatably till it died. It wasnt that bad of a show but he did seem full of himself I would like to see a couple of the other shows but I never see when its on.

11. SassyManxLady

SassyManxLady New Member

State:
    MO
    I would rather watch grass grow as to watch him or even listen to him. I saw the hog hunt with a knife episode and I have never been so tired listening to some one rattle on about themselves in my life.
    Yes, he got the hog, after the dogs tracked in down in a lil gulley and held it at bay. Nearly stabbed himself in his eagerness. I was afraid he was going to stab the dogs or one of the other men with him.
    Becky

12. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Ditto.

I've hunted all my life, but I take no pleasure in the moment of death, and watching someone else kill something just leaves me feeling uncomfortable in the role of voyeur.

13. savage308

savage308 New Member

State:
    Victoria, Texas
    I've seen many of his shows. From what I see of his program, he is a "A" (hiney). He gets so wound up on a fishing boat, I thought he was going to throw his first mate overboard for any lil mistake he made. With that said however, I enjoy his program. I enjoy watching the way he hunts and fishes and the extremes he goes to. He states on every program that he believes in fair chase and that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, of what they may/may not consider fair chase.

One thing when I'm watching his show that I like is that, how you see the program, is how it Actually happened. None of this, ok well we didn't shoot anything so we'll leave that out and tape again tomorrow. Or we didn't catch any fish so we'll leave that out of the program and try again tomorrow. Or I was sneaking up on this animal and I made a mistake so lets cut that part out of the filming. He makes a mistake and he leaves it on there for all the viewers to learn from. While i think the guy "seems" like a hiney, I'd like a chance to hunt or fish with him to get to know the guy better. Until then I'll watch his shows and get a laugh from time to time.

JMO

14. Rottdog

Rottdog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    In my opinion, I think that Mr. Barta probably has been dealing with a lack of self confidence throughout his life, resulting in his overly excited and sometimes Boastful image that he presents to the audience. I don't think that Mr. Barta is Arrogant, I just think that he is one who has to continuously remind himself that he can accomplish a certain task at hand and I believe that is Mr. Barta's motivation while he is filming his shows. I personally enjoy watching his show as it is refreshing to see something different than the typical hunting show where every hunt is a success and every hunt is designed to make the star of the show appear to be some kind of methodical "Backstrap Hero"!
    My only critique of Mr. Barta would be his lack of willpower to wait for good shots on the game that he is pursuing. On more than one occasion Mr. Barta states in his show that he took a shot well within his range, however you observe his arrow flying no where in the vicinity of the intended target! I realize people will always miss shots while bowhunting, but again in my opinion, Mr. Barta should take into consideration that even though he does not intend to look like some idiot flinging arrows at anything that moves, his show has often been used by the Anti's as A guide of "How not to do things".

Just my thoughts on the subject,
    Garrett

15. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    I used to watch him,but got sick of him pretty fast. Just another person who like to hear himself talk, Like most of the hosts on hunting and fishing shows.