Treble hooks? what size?

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by farbeyonddriven, May 30, 2009.

1. farbeyonddriven

farbeyonddriven New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've been having trouble keeping liver and dough type baits on my hooks, so I decided to get some treble hooks, I was wondering which size would be best for cats mostly between the 5-25 lbs. range? thanks! also feel free to recommend a brand.

2. brownie525

brownie525 New Member

State:
    Nj
    have you tried tying livers on with elastic string? I use this method all the time and never have a problem with livers coming off the hook.:cool2:

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I'm not real familiar with treble hook sizes, but, I have found that using thread to wrap around the liver, helps hold it on pretty well, I don't even tie it.. just wrap it pretty good..
    Any old kind of sewing thread seems to be OK.

4. PABowhunter4life

PABowhunter4life New Member

State:
    Blawnox, PA
    Put the liver in an old nylon, tie it up and attach the nylon to your hook like a salmon egg sack :wink:

5. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    liver in the microwave for a couple seconds makes it also stay on the hook and doesn't cook it to death, then put in back in the bloody container, or use some panty hose :wink:

6. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

The only way I,d go with a treble is if I wasn,t getting hung up enough!LOL.Three hooks ,three times the amount of snags.I think you.ll do a lot better with all the suggestions you,ve got.:wink: