treble hooks comparsion

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by LEROYDOZOIS, Nov 22, 2007.

1. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    i have been curious about how they size up trebles

i have a size 2 mustad treble and a 4/0 baitkeeper hook... laying them out on eachother they have the same gap

* comparing the barb to the shank on the j and the barb to the other barb on the treble *

what do yall think????

what sizes do some of you use when catfishing out there ????

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i use No. 4's most of the time, but will use 2's if i need to use alot of bait or fishing with livers.
    when the bite gets kinda light in the late summer i sometimes move to a 6, but not very often.

3. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Leroy I never use T. hooks but I do have some here. A tackle shop closed down and I out bid everyone for the lot of the stores stock,I'm not sure what sizes I have but I know I have some. I'll dig some out and try to match them up to some J hooks and see what we come up with.

4. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    OK here is what I got - A #4 eagle claw T. hook = #2 eagle claw Aberdeen style J hook. The gap is the same in these two hooks and they are both made by Eagle Claw,so it seems the T. hooks are sized different then the J.hooks. Hope that helps.

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    That can be tricky since every companys sizes seem to vary.One brands #4 treble might be bigger or smaller then another brands #4.Same goes with all hooks unfortunatly.