Treated Myself To New Rigs

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Spider, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Spider

Spider New Member

State:
    Hamburg, PA
    I decided I wanted a more beefy rig for catfishing and general heavier fishing. Bought one setup about a week ago and another of the same thing today.
    What I purchased:
    • Reel: Shimano Cardiff 401A with Left hand retrieve, 4 stainless BB plus one stainless roller bearing, six piece break system, clicker.
    • Rod: Fenwick HMX in 6'10" Extra Heavy Action, 1/2-2 ounce lure weight, 10-30 lb line
    • Line: 25lb Seaguar INVISX 100% Fluorocarbon
    I realize that this rod is short when compared to what I've been reading people generally are using. Where I'll be using it most, you don't have to cast great distances and generally don't have room to maneuver a long rod.
    After using the first rig several times, I found I really like it over what I had been using. I then decided to buy another of the same thing. The casting was great and everything worked so smooth that I was pleasantly surprised. This is the first reel I've had that incorporates a clicker and I like the way that works too. These rigs were not cheap but I don't do very much for enjoyment so I treated myself. Can't work your life away to just pay bills.
    The wife didn't say much and generally that ain't bad.
    Wish I could sneak in a boat, but I just don't see that happening.​

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats Larry on the new equipment. Buy another set up next week and if the wife doesn't say anything about that one, go for the boat on week three.:smile2:

3. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Congrats on the new setup.