TRAVELERS......

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS RIVERS TALK' started by tkeyhunter, Aug 19, 2008.

1. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    TONTO and I left the teenager, dogs, chores, and work behind to try a "new river" We went to Radcliffe KY to fish the Ohio river.
    Day one= TONTO busy catching fish & Tkeyhunter busy helping him net his multitude of fish cause she can't catch a cold! About 5 hours into it he decides to give me a "pep talk" about hanging in there, you'll get one, yada-yada-yada... would have been alot more effective if his pole hadn't hooked into another one mid-lecture! end of day one TONTO/several me/none
    Day two= Have renamed my pink Safari rod "pink poison", called TONTO a few choice names also, then.... it happened I actually started catching fish (4 to be exact) My pink Safari rod is now the "pink princess"! And she helped me land...... THE BIGGEST FISH OF THE WHOLE WEEKEND!

Great weekend and special thanks to TONTO for not tossing me overboard!

Attached Files:

2. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sounds like you both had a great weekend. Congrats to the both of you!:big_smile:

3. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Very much love to eat catfish, but we CPR'd the whole lot of em.
    Felt very strange about it at first, cause if we catch it we eat it at our house. But after dumping the first cat over, kinda felt good to think I might catch em next year when they are even bigger!

4. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Sounds like a great weekend. Just getting away and trying someplace new is worth the effort. Catching the fish makes it even better Congrats!

5. TNYHWK1

TNYHWK1 Member

State:
    ROCKFORD ILLINOIS

6. tkeyhunter

tkeyhunter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    TONTO says not much bigger, but bigger. I think it was about 20 lbs bigger! lol maybe 1 lb if that but BIGGER!

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for sharing your fishing trip. Glad that rod decided to help you out. Nice pics.

8. deerhunter4

deerhunter4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Great job guy's,
    sorry for not responding quicker...been busy with sally and the new job and not really been online much...Glad to see you guy's both having fun...Look forward to seeing you both again...