Travel with boat or with out boat ?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FishMan, Oct 17, 2006.

1. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Maybe some members who have traveled with their boats could give me some input. I am planing a trip to Virgina and from there down to Florida I may be gone 3 to 4 weeks and the closer it get to time to go the more I find myself wondering if I want to pull the boat around with a motor home for that long. I do want to do some fishing but am afraid the boat my close the possibility of enjoy other activities. At this point I am thinking of leaving the boat home and maybe get a guide 2 or 3 times but I just changing my mind.
    Call me.

Undecided
    Danny

2. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Danny, I believe I would get a guide like you mentioned and not worry with taking your boat. That sounds like to much traveling to be pulling your boat with a motorhome. I believe it would hinder you from possibly doing other things like you said also. This is just my opinion, but it's totally up to you of course. Good luck with which ever you decide to do!

3. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i dont think i would pull my boat that far.you can always get a guide like you said or some lakes have places that you can rent boats.you can always fish from the bank as well

4. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Get a good sit on top kayak or two and fish away. Great way to fish salt bays and good on warmwater shallow lakes like those in Florida. Great catfish solo boats.

5. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have pondered pulling my boat to Florida too but can't ever bring myself to do it. I have rented boats in Florida before. Just got to save a little more money for vacation but it was worth it. Just an idea.

6. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    I have thought about it too, there are too many things to worry about. trailer tire flats,wheel bearings,theft,wrecks. I would just rent a boat or hire aguide but thats my opinion. I hope you enjoy yourself whatever you decide!

7. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    It may be a wise decision to leave the boat behind on such a long journey. Too many things could happen, and leave you in a sticky situation...

8. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Danny if your thinking of getting a guide at a few of the places. I also would leave the boat home.
    But then again we are leaving Thursday for a few days. And our boat is staying home also.
    Good luck, And catch a big one.
    Pete

9. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    If you have the money to hire someone I would. Why mess with it. You won't have to worry about people stealing your stuff at night. Your gas milage will be better also.
    Bill