Trashy People

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by confederate, May 4, 2006.

1. confederate

confederate New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You know it really ticks me off to have the place I like to fish trashed up by these morons
    that have no respect for you or the water your on. I limb and trotline mostly, and I make it
    a point to be sure that I retrieve ALL my lines and I also cut down any lines I find that
    have been deserted. I carry a trash bag in my boat and not only put my trash in it but also
    any debris I find whether some moron threw it out or it washed down the river. The jug
    fishing craze of a couple of years ago had the river littered with everything imaginable
    that would float and had a place to tie a line and of course these "responsible" (not)
    fishers had not labeled any of this paraphanalia with their name address lic.# etc. It makes
    your fishing trip more enjoyable when you don't think your fishing at the dump...Prime
    example, my fishing partner and I went to an area on the river here where we used to camp
    and fish, it had been a couple of years since we had been there so we decided to go and camp
    for the weekend. When we got to that section of the river and to the area that the campsite
    was at, it was discusting.There was trash up and down the river jugs and god knows how many
    deserted limb and trotlines, it was so bad we couldn't even camp and was about half afraid
    to fish. We decided that we would come back on sunday and see if we could make a difference
    in the situation. We started up the river with our cajun we fish out of and towing a empty
    john boat. We worked all day sunday and hauled all the trash and other rubbish we picked up
    back in the john boat and disposed of it properly, it took 2 weekends to get it all cleaned
    up but since we have noticed that alot more people are enjoying the area now....

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Good job man! I hope the dopes don't trash it again and ruin all your hard work.

3. bud_rabon

bud_rabon New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Good job man keep it clean for the kids

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Kinda makes you want to pinch their heads off, don't it!!!!

5. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Welcome to the BOC Wes!!!

6. bud_rabon

bud_rabon New Member

State:
    Alabama
    tHANKS iTS GOOD TO BE ON BOARD.

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Welcome to the BOC, Tony!!!

8. confederate

confederate New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yep and pinch'n their heads off would be to quick...

9. Rob Heflin

Rob Heflin New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    What disgusts me is the trash drifts in my local river. Every time we get a big rain, all of the trash from every ditch washes into the river. People don't realize that what they throw out of their window on the highway eventually ends up in the Gulf. From the road ditch to the canal to the river and downstream, it all washes down the drain.

It is disgusting to boat down the river and see tires, freezers, coolers, mattresses, couches, water heaters, butane bottles, plastic bottles, beer cans, glass bottles and everything in between stacked up in the curves sometimes 30 feet thick. I almost hit a spare tire on a rim today in the river.

My wife and daughter and I picnicked on a sandbar one afternoon and I filled up a garbage sack with aluminum cans and bottles. I pick up trash at 2 of the boat ramps in my county about 3 or 4 times each year. I even left a garbage sack at one ramp and folks had the nerve to put their beer bottles beside the sack, not in it.

I guess that's the reason I actively search out folks that dump on the roadside and throw their trash down at the boat ramp. I pulled up to a fellow one summer on the lake and asked to see his license. He had some kind of wrapper in his hand and threw it in the water while I was sitting there. I informed him that he might want to pick that up to avoid an expensive ticket and he did. I think it's so natural for some folks to litter that they don't even think about it when they do it....even when standing there face to face with me.

Thanks, confederate, for cleaning up that spot on your river. We need more concerned sportsmen out there that will clean up after the slobs out there.

10. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Pinching there heads off is a great idea, if only you can crap down there neck when your done.

11. Catmaster

Catmaster New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    I feel for ya brother I tried to do the same thing at the dam out by my house. I picked up 3 trashbags worth of junk. Stacked firewood laying around for free use and used a bucket of water and shovle to try to scrape some of the dried livers that some moron thought would be cool to dump on the wall off of the wall of the dam. I did that for a good 3 hours that day. I had to go to Kansas City that Saturday and Sunday. When I got back on Monday only 2 days later there was junk everywhere. So I just gave up. It would be a full time job trying to keep it clean which I also might add is not entirly my responsibility but also the KDWP's responsibility. Sometimes I dont even think they know that the dam is there.

12. confederate

confederate New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well the only way to get to this area that we cleaned up is by boat and like I said it had gotten so nasty that nobody was going up in there anymore, after we got it cleaned up and some of the more respectable people started coming back in there they have helped us police it.....Guys and Gals ALWAYS carry a couple of large trash bags in your boat or in your pocket and even though you didn't make the mess do your part and help clean up .......

13. Dosse

Dosse New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    The local river that i fish in and enjoy is also covered with trash, i see jugs, bottles, paper, cans, and once had an upside down power wheels childs car float by. I think you would probably have to find a genie in a lamp and use a wish to ever get our river back to how it should be. That is great to know that you took it into your own hands and cleaned uo the mess, glad to know people like that exist

14. confederate

confederate New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    It's not that hard, get with your local DNR they will give you all the trash bags for free, I'm sure the is a local outdoors paper in your area contact them and see if they are willing to set up a clean river day kinda like adopt a highway except adopt a section of river and get-r-done....

15. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
  16. confederate

confederate New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Very good post wolfman...

17. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    A couple things, if you find a name or address in the trash your local law enforcement agency can and will contact them and make it a little uncomfortable for them. Or, do as I did once, box up some trash, make it up all nice and official looking, put a business name/logo on it that is known and mailed it to them C.O.D. If you have a computer you can make an official looking mailing label by right clicking on logo's, saving them and then pasting them together into a Desktop Publishing program on your computer. If they get a package in the mail that looks like it's from Radio Shack, Cabela's, Bass Pro to name a few they will pay the shipping in hopes of hitting the jackpot inside the box. Be sure to leave a little note for them thanking them for trashing up your area. But in the long run, trashy people trash up the environment and they don't even realize they are doing it. They were raised that way by trashy parents and their kids will be little trashers. I think I've trashed them enough! lol Same with loud people, the ones at the lake or river that at 6:30 in the morning are yelling at their dog, kids or what ever they don't realize they are making fools of themselves and disturbing their neighbors.

18. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Actions speak louder than words. Everyone complains about trash, but so few do anything about it. You went way above the norm. I hope your season is filled with the biggest fish ever. Thanks for all that you did.

19. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    It seems like most public places have more than enough trash laying around in them. I have acess to a nice private pond, and the only rule is that everyone has to take all their trash with them. If only the rest of the world were like that.

20. ETEX-JIGGER

ETEX-JIGGER New Member

State:
    TYLER, TEXAS
    I Think It How People Are ( Or Not ) Raised!