Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Trashing our lakes

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  shortpole 
#1 ·
Wife and I headed to bartlett friday afternoon and went to a few bait spots, caught some bait and then went to one of our camp spots. Thanks to some trashey *ss people this is what we found. Lets all keep our eyes open for people like this get their Az # and turn them in. Needless to say we came back with a boatload of someones trash. My great nephew did manage to catch one nice flat.

Attachments

See less See more
G
#2 ·
Yep, it's everywhere you go. I atv in the desert and you would be suprised the things you find back there. But they are people who delibertly take there trash out and dump it. The campers, they just go out, have a good time, and expect others to pick up after them. Never could figure it out, except maybe they never plan to go back. Or maybe they just want it to look like there home??? Probably feel more comfortable with trash laying around.

#3 ·
You might have hit the nail on the head ! They live in such a *hithole at home they want the camp to look the same. What I do not understand if you take a 30 pack of beer it weighs about 10 pounds. empty it weighs about 1/2 pound smash the cans it comes about to the size of 3 or 4 cans. What are people thinking?:question:
Yep, it's everywhere you go. I atv in the desert and you would be suprised the things you find back there. But they are people who delibertly take there trash out and dump it. The campers, they just go out, have a good time, and expect others to pick up after them. Never could figure it out, except maybe they never plan to go back. Or maybe they just want it to look like there home??? Probably feel more comfortable with trash laying around.

#4 ·
Yep I agree. What is it, some people must figure that people are paid to clean up after them. Sometimes in forest campsites or on the shores of Rosey. It is like you had room to haul this mess out here now it is time to haul the remainder back. The good thing it is the minority of people and they are outnumbered by folks who want to find and stay at a spot they don't have to clean first!

G
#5 ·
Twice this year I have had to put out hot coals from a fire that someone left behind. And figure this, the water I used was less than 20 feet away:Mad:Yep both times at Lake Pleasant. Once close to the boat ramp and once out on shore in Humbug Cove:Mad:. When I was younger, I once in Utah was carrying my ice chest across the sandy beach of a lake and stepped into a fire pit that someone had covered with sand. Yep the coals were still hot, had to go to the emergency room and was off work for a week. People are ignorant and stupid when it comes to campfires and trash. I think it mainly falls back on how they were raised. They had ignorant parents and taught the kids how to have others pick up after them. I was taught to pick up after myself, and most of all respect other peoples property, that would mean anything that don't belong to you. These people that leave trash behind have no respect for other peoples property and probably not even there own? Sorry for the rant, but this subject just really pisses me off. Just dont' understand there mindset:Nop:

G
#9 ·
Thanks Fred way 2 go i applauade u.
Not does it only looks like S*#t sitting on the banks and of lakes and rivers it will also piss people off enough to shut places down because people cant pick up for them selfs.
i seen alot of places i use to fish close down because of people cant clean up after them selfs.
Pack it in pack it out

#10 ·
You know they piss me smooth off! Like you said pack it in pack it out! It weighs alot less at the end of camp what in the heck is wrong with some people??????:Mad:
Thanks Fred way 2 go i applauade u.
Not does it only looks like S*#t sitting on the banks and of lakes and rivers it will also piss people off enough to shut places down because people cant pick up for them selfs.
i seen alot of places i use to fish close down because of people cant clean up after them selfs.
Pack it in pack it out

#11 ·
Back many years ago in Pennsylvania my friends brother and his friends were what I'll classify as "camp slobs". They would just toss trash, cans, etc. over their shoulder during the camping trip. However, when leaving time rolled around, they policed the whole area well around the camp site, picking up trash that others had left, some of it obviously there for a long time. The place always looked like virgin forest when they were through. They always left with the backs of their Jeeps full of trash.

#13 ·
It been quite a few years ago, I was bowhunting up on Big Bug Mesa I watch a group of so called bowhunters go of and leave there trash and campfire burning, didn't even try to put it out. I wrote there license numbers down and started to put the fire out, but I change my mind and just kept a eye on it.I kinda though the game warden would be by soon and sure enough he did. That's the only time I have ever turn someone in for something but that made me :Mad: I never heard anything else about it!

#14 ·
It makes me grateful for a dad who taught me to literally leave it cleaner than when you got there. I've carried on the tradition with my kids. It's kinda fun and gratifying to see a line of 5 kids ages 8 to 2 sweeping the campsite. They start to complain that they're picking up trash that we didn't bring, but when we talk about preserving the great outdoors so they remain a place to enjoy and relax, they usually do a great job.

As for the scumbags that trash the outdoors...put em to use in the way they deserve. I'm thinking about 200 lbs of cutbait would make for a nice long week of fishing. :)

G
#16 ·
Pack it in, pack it out. How hard is that?
Evindently pretty hard, even harder if your Stupid, and even harder if you don't have a brain. You can't teach the unteachable, these people don't care who has to pick up after them, they will be this way there whole life. As the saying goes: were you born an asshole or did you work at it your whole life, these people who can't pick up there own trash have definatly worked at it there whole life. You or I aint gonna change there mind, because they aint got one to change.

#21 ·
we all see the same thing fishing or camping try as we may the citidiot's aregoing to do what they do and we will always pick up after them and be iratated about it but we will still do it because we have respect for our enviroment /space/ habitat what ever you want to call it but we will always pick up after the shit heads that thrash our play ground(sorry unk paul) thanks to thoughs of us that do a little bit more and thanks to us that at least pick up after them selves ok next up on the soap box

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.