Trash

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by smitty1963, Jul 6, 2008.

1. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Sorry folks but here I go again,,,,
    Has anyone ever gone fishing to thier favorite spot and noticed that who ever was there last left it looking like a land fill????
    Im sure everyone has seen it, the empty night crawler containers, soda or beer cans, chip bags and candy wrappers.
    Myself on of the reasons I go fishing is to relax have a good time and be closer to nature seeing all that trash kind of takes away from it.
    I take a trash bag with me so I can take out the trash I bring with me but I also seem to end up cleaning up the area from someone else as well, I try to leave a fishing area cleaner than it was when I got there. Just a little food for thought, thanks again for allowing me to vent

2. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    That is one thing that gets me going too.:angry::angry: It is not hard to pick up after yourself. Heck most the time a trash can is a few feet away. I just don't understand people sometimes

3. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    There's another thread somewhere on that, and boy it gets a bunch of us riled up I tell ya! Me and john have cleaned up places and made em look like picnic areas around here when we went out...

I get on the kids at school about leaving trash in the hall and kicking it to the side all the time...it's not BAD there but they could bend at the waist it won't kill anyone. I think we should all take pride in our surroundings where ever we happen to be. It's our earth after all...what we do to it and with it from here is what the next generation is gonna have to live with.

4. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    We always clean up, whether we're fishing, camping or just having a picnic. My kids learned at an early age, "Leave it better than you found it." My dad drummed that into me at a very early age. It just becomes habit after a while. If these knuckleheads who leave the trash thought about it a little ( if THAT'S possible:angry:) they might realize that areas can be closed to public use for that very reason.

Thanks smitty1963, for starting this thread. Maybe it will make some folks think.

Deb

5. littleman

littleman Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    I always take a plastic shopping bag with me for my trash when I go out fishing. Most of the time I not only have to clean up after myself but clean up the stuff left behind from others

6. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    The 2 ponds I fish at have trash cans about every 100 feet and people will still leave there trash on the ground. I have only seen it happen a few times. They will get a harsh tongue from me.

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep. sad folks dont respect the waters. and most leaving barbage are the ones that cry about safety warnings on fish.

i take garbage to the recepticles. cans go home. they pay me back from recycling.:wink:

8. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i too have picked up alot junk from around lakes, rivers the sad thing is that the trash container is 50 feet away i just dont understand some people

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I always try to pick up 1 bag of trash at any fishing hole, whether it is mine or not. It is a good policy you follow and Thanks for the looking out

10. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    picking up other folks trash is a bummer but i do it but what i get stired up most about is discarded mono.line.it last forever and kills a lot of birds and fish.

11. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    I agree. The fishing line makes me the craziest!! I once chased down a Canada goose (what a sight THAT was). Caught him and managed to cut the fishing line off his poor leg.

Mik

12. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    Keeping the picnic and fishing areas clean in Michigan State Parks is not in Michigan's budget. I guess they got tired of the expense of emptying trash cans, they would rather the trash be strewn around the fishing areas I suppose, as they took out all the trash cans at the State Park where I fish. Well they did put in trash bag dispensers, people are supposed to carry out what they bring in, but people don't use them. I do my part and pick up what I see because I always have a trash bag with me anyhow, but almost every time I return to my fishing spots there is new litter. It irks me because I did not come fishing to pick up garbage. It sounds like even if they put the trash cans back it would still be a problem. But it would have to be better than it is without any trash cans at all.