Trash Talk Politeness

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by Boomer, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have been waiting on the real true, "TRASH TALKING" fans? Where are they at?

Dont worry about hurting my feelings by talking about the OU Sooners, I will only hate you until the end of football season......lol just joking.....

I really want to rip on some teams, but everyone is so dang polite.....lol, tried to rip on Blacky about being a Notre Dam/West Virginia and I believe there were a couple more teams in there that he was a fan of, even asked him if he was any kin to Lee Corso, no response, hope I didnt make him mad.

Hey this is what football is all about. College football is a tradition in my household and I know a lot of yours. Even if you are one of those, "SEC or PAC10 or Big 10, MAC, Big East" feel free to trash talk, for the guys on the field the game is what makes college football what it is. For the fans, it is bragging rights and trash talking, and being proud of your team. I have been a sooner fan since I was 4, I remember watching my first game, (and yes they had TV back then).

Football can divide a family also, my youngest son is a true OU fan, my other one is a texas fan. I know husbands and wives, where one is an OU fan and the other is a OSU fan, Texas fan and Texas Tech or A&M.

Last year I worked with 2 navy guys one was a Notre Dam fan and the other was a Florida fan, I called them the "Bone Brothers", Ham Bone and T-Bone. The poor Notre Dam fan, every time he would see me he just laughed, the Florida fan, we had some good ribbing going on.

As long as it all in good fun...........

2. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Man I'd love to but my team is'nt in contention this year ..but when they are back up I'll shoot from the hip all the trash you want:smile2:. By the way Im a Louisville Cardnial fan. My Daughter is a student there

3. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Sir, though I respect your opinion, I'm afraid that the Georgia Bulldogs will bite your Sooners in the posterior. Go Dawgs!

Sorry couldn't resist:smile2:.

4. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dont think it will happen this year..........they will be lucky to get a BCS game.......... :smile2: Especially if they play like they did against Georgia Southern......Did some one say something about the "Tidy Bowl"?

5. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Here is what you do in a case like that trash talk 2 different teams and then pit them against each other.........:eek:oooh:, dont say who your favorite team is.

Here is an example, the USC/Ohio State game this weekend.......

USC sucks, but they will probably kill Ohio State which has a really weak team, and were lucky to pull off last weeks game. Next thing you know you have the USC and Ohio State fans going at it......... it is still fun and a way to keep involved....even though your team is down you still have to trash talk.

6. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Found in a Norman BBQ joint.

Attached Files:

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

I'll just let the Fiests Bowl do all the talking!

Nothing wrong with rooting for 3 different teams and hatin on teams in conferences like the Big 12 and the SEC.

8. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    After Mark Richt bails them out of jail?

9. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

USC will NOT lose to a Big Ten team nevertheless a team without a health running back and a mediocre QB and wide recieving core.

10. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Notre Dame and West Virginia don't look so hot.

Let's hope the HOOSIERS can brighten up my colleg football year.

11. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    did you watch the same game as i did, georgia didnt look to bad to me. as far as bcs game at least georgia knows how to win one, im sure if stoops wants richts will give him some tips:smile2: he obviously knows more than stoops about that. just to let the ohio suckeye fans know you may want to go ahead and take some painkillers cause yall got a a**whoppin coming this weekend, kinda like all the times youve played sec teams.

GO DAWGS

12. Bambu

Bambu New Member

State:
    S.C.
    i wouldnt hold out to much hope on that:roll_eyes:, you know its ok to like a descent team, maybe a big 12 or sec school at least that way you should be happier durring football season:smile2:

13. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    hey boomer, you know Corso used to coach Indiana right......LMAO. I'm ready for the wolverines to run up 21 points on the biting irish by halftime. Let's see what DR. LOU's gotta say then......what a geezer.Let's Go Blue!!

14. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I'll give OU a little credit......there a good team until the bowl game. Ohio St. is a decent team team in a bad conference, and they still whoop Michigan...(come on BassMassey, convert to the DAWGS! :wink:). The SEC has 5 or 6 teams that could win any other conference in football, and is why the SEC champ can still have 2 losses and whoop anybody else. This just might be the year for the DAWGS, and if not, we're recruiting as good as anybody right now, so it's just a matter of time. SEC fans will fight and bicker all year, but come bowl time we'll stick together and all other conferences will feel the wrath of the SEC! . GO DAWGS! :big_smile: :smile2:.

15. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    no way bumper....I've been watching michigan football religously since i was about 11 year old......it's in my blood. we have the richest tradition, the most wins, and easily the best jersey's n helmets. I know we are at an alltime low right now, atleast for my lifetime. I am fairly confident that great things are gonna happen at Michigan with Rich Rodriguez, and sooner than most people think.......Go Blue!! beat the irish.....do it for BO!

16. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    What happen to all those "THEE OHIO" fans???????? Mighty quit, HELLO!!!!!:wink:

17. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    There waitin' to see what happens this weekend. IF they get lucky and beat USC, then we'll never hear the end of it after saturday night.....:wink::smile2:.

18. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Yea, I guess there's always next year for THE OHIO STATE!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:oooh::wink:

19. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Blacky WVU got lucky once in 8 years, let little old ECU put a hurtin on em......

Hey did you hear Notre Dame, actually won a game, you, Lee Corso and Lou Holtz are about the only fans they have left now.....

20. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    As bad as I hate to say it, WV actually got lucky twice. They held on and won a squeaker over the Dawgs in the Sugar Bowl a couple years ago......:sad2::angry:. Maybe we can both get a rematch one day :wink::big_smile:.