Trash Heads

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catman4926, Nov 2, 2008.

1. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    We cleaned up a 1/4 mile of the Mobile River bank where a lot of the bank fisherman fish. I am pi$$ed off at them just in a 1/4 of a mile we picked up TEN BAGS of there trash. This is why land owners do not let people on there land because the few bad ones thrash it and that ruins it for all. You it only take 5 min of your time to pick up I guess they don't pick it up because there mother is not there to do it for them. And we do not have enough officers to police everything because a 500.00 dollar ticket might make them next time about leaving there trash. Hell they want even put it in the trash cans they would rather throw them in the river. Sorry for the rambling it just makes me MAD

Attached Files:

2. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I know how you feel! If everyone would take back what they brought with them it would give everyone alot more places to fish. It's getting harder and harder to find places to fish just because of this! :angry:

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Good post!

Harold, I very well understand your feelings.. especially after living lake side for the last 15 years.

4. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    It's not my fault. :wink:

Why should I have to be responsible for my actions? I'm more important than all you taxpayers.:wink:

I've never been held accountable for any of my actions before, why start on me now for throwing my trash where it's most convenient for me?:wink:

As long as you losers keep picking up my trash, why should I change my care free attitude?:wink:

Learn to think like a freeloading, good for squat, nothing of a human being.:angry:

5. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Your right Harold. I was brought up that you leave with more than you brought. I always bring a few extra trash Bags along. I can't stand it when Im in a beautiful spot thats covered in Plastic bottles, Beer cans and old Tires. If all would take just 1 bag of trash out with them we would have alot better place to visit. And for those who create this mess for us you view, Take the time be better stewards of the earth so we will all benifit.

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for picking up the trash. This is truly a problem with most public fishing area.

7. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    hey CAT dont say you are sorry for being mad and rambling brother im with you on this i get PI$$ off every time i see that crap its every whear what jacka$$es

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have lost access to prime private river areas in the past because of this.

So many people have no respect, and we all suffer for it.

9. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i agree why cant people take their trash with them or at least put it in the barrels provided at most lakes

10. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    What I have started doing is keeping a plastic grocery bag with me in my box and use it for junk pickup.What gets me is old bait left the stinks so bad I have to get a stick and toss it or I end up tossing something up.

11. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Preaching to the choir folks,,
    The ones doing the littering, aren't on this site,,,
    Find 'm an beat 'm with a fire hose....:angry:

My Girlfriend and I went to a popular lake, and were appalled at the garbage everywhere, and, there was a big ol' dumpster in the approach area, which we thought was a cool, nice deal.

Where we normally fish, it's very primitive and occassionally there;s a bit of litter, but, at the other place , it was truly disgusting...

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    What gets me is when these dummys leave it on the ground 10 feet from a can. WTF :angry:

13. Tyme2fish

Tyme2fish New Member

State:
    Greenville,Indi
    I'm not walking that extra 10 feet. I want you to take of me.:roll_eyes:

14. johnliester

johnliester Active Member

State:
    Hoxie, Kansas
    Had a group of twenty- somethings At the local lake this summer. They even set a toilet on the bank for a chair. 4 people, over twenty rods in the water. They see the W-P truck on the other side of the lake. What did they do? They high tailed right out of there leaving everything behind. And I mean everything. Rods and reels, rod holders, bait buckets, chairs, coolers and all they left behind. Warden asked if we saw them and well yes we did, as they were right next to us. Gave him a great description of all of them even down to the sagging hooters on the one gal. Gave him the trucks tag numbers too. He said, "oh, those idiots". To make a long story short we won't be seeing them again anytime soon. All got jail time for a load of infractions.
    I guess the equipment will be sold at auction, which is good. More money for enforcement!!!