traps

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by River_monster91, Nov 21, 2007.

1. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    just wanderin if anyone has any live traps or any 110 or 220 conibears they wouldent mind getting rid of fairly cheap. PM me if any of ya are interested in getting rid of em. thanks

2. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    live traps are kinda expensive, how much are you willing to spend on a live trap?

3. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    cheap as i can get em lol. i know thy are expensive. local trapper a couple towns over has em for sell but the cheapest hes got on em is 85 bucks. i know orschlens had em for coons real cheap but cant seem to find em around here anymore. in north dakota i know they had em for coons and coon sized animals for 30 bucks a pop. problem is thats in north dakota and im in kansas lol .

4. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    its better to just use footholds conibears and snares. for a few reasons. you will catch a lot more: anything will step in a foothold trap because a finished off set is a lot more inviting than a big cage, live traps are only really good for coon and skunk and possum and other little things. they are more compact: it doest take a lot of room to stor a couple hundred foothlds or conibears or a few thousand snares. and cost: a 1.75 coilspring(very versatile) only costs from 7 to 10 dollars. wheras 1 live trap costs from 50 to 100 dollars. but im not sayin that live traps are bad. i use live traps my self but just tellin ya what i thought

5. TX Fisherman

TX Fisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    yeah i would go with the foot traps, theyre pretty cheap, and im trying to get my hands on some before this trapping season is over.

6. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Harbor freight sells some traps for about 25 bucks, but you might need to reinforce it a little. or ya could go to a hardware store, get some hardware cloth or 1x2 wire and make some. Its part of the enjoyment of trapping.