Traps

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by Blue Duck, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I need a few traps. Looking for a few rat traps and a couple of 220's. Been watching ebay. Is there a better way?

2. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I'm sure there's some trappers on this site that might have some new or used traps for sale and if not then pm me and we'll work something out on what you're looking for. I'm more then happy to help get someone started trapping.

3. rjc2rjc

rjc2rjc New Member

State:
    ,indianapolis, indiana
    if you can catch 223smitty on here i am sure he will be glad to help you out.
    he has exactly what you need and if not, he can get it i am sure. send him a pm. im sure he will get back with you.

4. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    check your local farm store. Our farm store has a lot of different kinds of traps.

5. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hi Mike

If you have a State Convention, the tailgaters area is a good place to pick-up used traps (as well as vendors selling new ones). Plus, you save shipping.

I do deal in some traps, as well as do trapwork. If interested, send me a PM & I'll send you a link.

John, if I can ever help you fill-in the "gaps" for someone, please don't hesitate in letting me know.

Thanks!
    Smitty

6. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I sent that one kid on here some traps and haven't seen him on here since. I wonder how he's doing, I think you helped him out also. I don't mind helping youngsters get started, I taught trapping for awhile, we need all the trappers we can get to keep the sport alive.

7. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Thanks for the help. I used to trap 20 years ago, then a when the prices went sour I quit for quite a few years. When I was sure I would never trap again, I sold all my gear. Now Im getting the bug again. I don't plan on a very big line, just a few rat and coon traps in the areas I duck hunt. I have always loved looking for sign and tracks even when I wasn't actually trapping. Just something about it I can't get out of my blood......

8. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    Thanks Smitty- Got you pm and all is well. I really appreciate all the help on this forum...... Thanks guys