Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    quiting trapping 110 220 eggtraps no#1 thru no#4 longsprings and coil springs,some jump traps PM me for a complete list. I will do a inventory jan 1 2010

2. kkoch

kkoch New Member

State:
    kansas
    if you could send a list to my email that would be great i couldnt pm you.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2010

3. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I am interested in them Rick
    Give me a list of how many and a price for all you have.
    PM sent with my email.

4. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    I'm interested too.

5. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Long time sence i heard the word traps. Is there a fur market?? I use to trap for fox and bobcats but the market just went lo-co and it was no market. just wondering, thanks for any help

6. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    its an art that is slowly being lost.... i tried trapping out a few years ago, and no on knew what they were doing to teach me....i wish there was still some old timers around to teach us/the youth.

7. rush_60

rush_60 New Member

State:
    Troy, KS
    I learned it by watching videos that the pro's put out. Its something you have to do for the fun of doing it. By the time you figure in expenses you lose money doing it every year. Or at least i do.

8. Catman50plus

Catman50plus New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Since I don't have enough post to PM you would you send me a list as well to my email add. Thanks in advance

9. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    Welcome to the BOC Tommy!!:wink:

10. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    I miss those many years I spent running a trap line, Nothing gets you closer to nature than trapping. I hope the art of trapping never dies.

11. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hope we see the glory days of the late 70's through early 80's again. I made more money in Paraguay trapping spotted cats and foxes then I did on my day job for Texaco. Way to much fun. Paid a big chunk of Grad school for me.

12. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I guess i was in my 20's when i started. The old timer's wouldn't tell you much, i guess they was scared you would run across there traps. I did the trial and error thing, talked to others and then got some books. I caught a lot of fox and bob cats, even racoon. I guess fox was my passion, just seeing one of those sly devils in my trap made my blood boil. I guess i would had done it for nothing back then but later i got $$$ in my eyes. When the prices went down and then the fur market crashed to nothing, i just couldn't see taking a beautiful animals life for nought. So i quit. I enjoyed it while i did it, made me a better hunter. You got to love it cause its not for a lazy man:big_smile:

13. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    i trapped in the early 80's and late 70's and made a lot of money. getting out there before daylight and coming up on a trap and thinking dang i dont see anything and then there he is and man what a feeling. i've caught almost every kind of animal there is. from birds to beasts. them were some good ol days.

one morning me and my brother went to a trap and there was the biggest boa coon we had that year. well i put a .22 in his head and then another and finally another. well there he lay. went over to pull the stake up and that raskel jumped om my leg and sunk his teeth as deep as he could in my shin. i jumped back and he peeled meat from my leg. it was about 18 degrees so it didnt bleed right off. well i took a limb and finished him off. when i got back in the truck and thawed out a little the blood came running down my leg like you were pouring it. i wrapped it up and we finished the run. we still laugh about that.

14. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    Call for list

15. Shad gut

Shad gut New Member

State:
    illinois
    Pm the list thanks