trapping

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by bowfoot, Dec 27, 2007.

1. bowfoot

bowfoot New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Picked up a diamond brand single long spring, double jawed trap the other day.. are there any trap collectors out there who would know anything about how old and value on this trap...wonder what years were they made? It looks to be around a number one size....thanks

2. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Diamond wire works, around 1920 to 1930, probley design, for muskrats and skunks due to double jaw, probley # 11, arround 5.00 if in real good shape.Their is still alot of them a round I think a # 4 is the largest I,ve seen.
    If you can get to a state trapping convention or Fta , Nta nationals, you will see alot of unusall traps.
    Jim

3. bowfoot

bowfoot New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the info...I wonder if they were more common in certain parts of America or were they all over....This is only the second one that I've came accross and the other one was several years ago....I buy every trap that I can find here in Tennessee and on our travels...if the price is right...I have a large collection of traps...I like to gather up the blake & Lambs....got several dozen layed back...anybody got any that they want to sell?...bowfoot