Trapping

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by cuttingout69, Aug 15, 2005.

1. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Season is almost here, so I will go ahead and get this started. I hope to see a few more folks sign up soon. Got out this weekend and got the river camp cleaned up a little and ready. Got to make a new skinning table and gamble pole. Will work on it over the next few weeks and months. Hope the prices go up.

2. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i hear ya, ihave a ton of stuff to start getting ready myself,been getting traps and snares ready all afterr noon

3. flatheaddundee

flatheaddundee New Member

State:
    Madison,MS
    Hey cuttingout did you ever find that number or website to that furbuyer, I'd really like to sell some furs this year to him.

4. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Brother his Name is Danny Perry and his work # is 318-634-3474. I hope this helps. Talked to him last week and he said looks like our southern coons may go up. He sold out of all the coons he bought last year. He said don't catch any cats, as he has no market for them this year. He has a large carry over from last year. He said the otter were going to stay the same and beaver may pick up a dollar or so. Give him a call. Note: he will not buy frozen fur and he will grade your fur to make sure there are not bite marks, green hides, etc. He is really good man and will give you the best price for you fur I have found. Hope this helps

5. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Sam, I sent you a pm. I just let me know what you would like to do.

6. sam9266

sam9266 New Member

State:
    Albany, GA
    PM received and reply sent...

Thanks ... Sam

7. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey Sam I am behind on my messages and you can't send but one PM ever 3600 seconds which is every 6 hours. I will reply just give me a day or so. Or send me your email and I will email you. Note: weighted two of the big male cats last year. One tip the scale at 31 lbs and the other at 32 lbs. Large bore coon will go for 15-18 lbs whole. Hope this helps.

8. sam9266

sam9266 New Member

State:
    Albany, GA
    Email addy sent... Thanks

9. crossxsticks

crossxsticks Member

State:
    oklahoma
    sounds good , keep us posted on the fur prices and i will let y'all know whats doing up here in Oklahoma, I plan on doing a lot of whistling this winter and may set a few box traps if the coon price is worth the effort. hadnt heard that about cats here will have to check it out .

10. flatheaddundee

State:
    Madison,MS
    hello i was just wondering if anyone could help me with a question i have, what is the difference between a green fur and a dry fur?

11. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    green just skinned , dry is usualy refered to as scraped of fat and flesh, put on a fur strecher and let air dry, green can also be frozen and scraped and dryed at later date. :rolleyes:

12. flatheaddundee

State:
    Madison,MS
    Thanks a lot primitivefrn. But I just have one more question and i ain't meanin to bother you. I'm new to fur trapping but i've done it fore pest control for years, and i was wondering if I could sell green furs to furbuyers for decent money and do you trap furbearers and what are some of your sale prices? I would appreciate all the knowledge you can give me.

13. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Yes you can sell green fur, in sume areas you can sell in the round , not skinned. If they have a market for carcuss. I mainly fur not adc.
    market verys from year to year, and where your located at . should be a state trapper assocation. where you live. probely would give you some info.
    on prices or find some one in your area who buys fur. their is other out lets for sales, such as auctiopn and shipping them.
    Get a fur fish and game mag. lots of info in them.

14. flatheaddundee

State:
    Madison,MS
    Thanks you been a big help. So where you located and you gonna do any trapping this year?

15. crossxsticks

crossxsticks Member

State:
    oklahoma
    talked to a local fur buyer in western Oklahoma other day he said there would be some $100.00 bobcats most would likely run $40.00 and he wasn't interested in coons didn't figure they would bring over $8.00 at best stretched and dryed at auction, thats $8.00 is what he would have to sell for not pay , dont want anything but cats, doesn't sound good again this year .

Everett Mullin