Trapping Conventions

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by 223Smitty, Aug 7, 2006.

1. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    That time of the year is getting closer.........Who's going & to which ones?

Our Indiana State Trappers Association is the middle of next month in Bedford (southern Indiana), and I'll be attending. Going to set-up (lol, and hopefully) & sell a few traps & do some trapwork. I'm hoping to get away enough to enjoy some of the convention though & meet some folks, see some demos, check-out the tailgaters & vendors......and eat some junkfood :smile2: .

Smitty

2. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Smitty just got back from kan. NTA. had good time and met some, new guys.
    Sold some traps and GOT some new supplys , probely the only one Ill get to go to this year,.

3. brian

brian New Member

State:
    minneasota
    I'am getting tings ready for the trapping convention up there in MN on the 11th. This is my first one that I will be going to

4. warcraft1975

warcraft1975 New Member

i missed the one in kansas(had to work)but maybe i can next year it all ways seems they are far away from me but i really would like to go, i have never been to one before

5. rjc2rjc

rjc2rjc New Member

State:
    ,indianapolis, indiana
    i'll be at the ista convention sept 15, 16, 17.

as long as things stay the way they are now.

6. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    LMAO.....I hope so, I'm counting on your help :big_smile:

Smitty

7. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I try to make the National and the Furtakers whenever I can.

8. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    iowas trapping convention will be held at monticello, iowa on september 9 through the 11th. i will be going to that on the last day as i go to the freeport auction on next saturday. hope to see yea their! KIDS GET INVOLVED! WE NEED A NEW GENERATION OF TRAPPERS TO KEEP THE TRADITION UP! DONT LET THE TREE HUGGERS TELL YOU WRONG!

9. 223Smitty

223Smitty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    They're a good time...and a good place to meet some local trappers, and those you've met online, but never in person. I've made some good friends there, as I have here.

For those who've never been, you'll have a good time & learn alot in the process.

Smitty

10. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    less n a week to do this smitty! cant wait. gonna try to pick up a few second hand 110s and a dozen second hand 1.5s. my brother will pick up s/h 220s and #3s. then small shovel. looks like this year will be promising!

11. Big Bird

Big Bird New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I am hoping to make the Virginia one in October. I have never been to one before and this one is pretty close to home.

12. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Dave welcome to the site. Glad you drop in the trapping thread. I hope you hang around and talk some trapping with us.

13. Big Bird

Big Bird New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks Tony. I appreciate all the good info and the warm welcome. Good bunch of guys here for sure. Hope you will get to put your shed to use real soon!