Trapping Aid .....

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by RetiredToFish, Oct 30, 2008.

1. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Okay .... My latest and greatest invention .... can anyone guess what it is used for?

HINT: It has something to do with trapping .... Garry-

Attached Files:

2. williambevels

williambevels New Member

State:
    alabama
    looks like some thing to help block small diches to force the beaver and otter to goe in to your traps.

3. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I agree that it looks like something that would be used mabey as to help funnel the animal into your trap set, or just to bolck one of two trails forcing the animal to take a certin trail mabey.

4. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    another thought is to use for a devider for a live trap to open and release and animal or just to pin them to the end wall to help in removeal.

5. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio

AND .... the winner is Leroy ..... that is exactly what it is .... I run a coon into a burlap bag .. out of the live trap and then give them a go to sleep pill .... but with the new live traps I have the coons try to chew my fingers off while I am setting up the bag and unfastening the trap ... so hopefully this will eliminate that problem. The times are long enough to push into the ground a couple of inches .... Thanks for playing ... Garry-

6. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I never though of that but would work great I would think. the farmer next door will let me trap but will only let me use live traps on his place so I might just have to make me up one of them as well thanks for shareing that.

7. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio
    Leroy .... if you would like ... I will put together a detailed post on the parts, tools and assembly .... ? Garry-

8. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    thanks garry but I think your pic is plenty to go off of. I have plenty of 3/8s rod to weld together. I think all I need to do is measure to center each rod through the wire cage. every two or three should be plenty I think. guess it would look like an over grone hair pick lol.

9. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dam Darn it!!! My guess would have been to stab the whole tribe of muskrats at once as they swim by your legs!!! :smile2: Would be a quicker way to get em:roll_eyes::wink:... j/k thanks Garry, I look forward to you teaching me first hand on the water this winter! I'm just a life long fisherman wanting to learn about trapping.... rollo

10. RetiredToFish

RetiredToFish New Member

State:
    Newark, Ohio

I think that would put a few holes in the pelt in the wrong places .... :wink:
    I am looking forward to showing you the in and outs of another lifestyle ... Garry-