Trap a deer?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by wayne7009, Mar 31, 2007.

1. wayne7009

wayne7009 New Member

State:
    miller missouri
    does anyone know if its possible to trap a deer
    not wanting to do it just wondering if u could

2. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    #1 best thing to do is contact your fish and game department if you need a Deer removed. Yes it is possible but it normally kills or injuries the Deer bad enough that it has to be killed.Deer panic and are dangerous to themselves and everything else.This is why tranquilizer guns are used.Physical contact with a live Deer is dangerous and can get you severely injured or even killed.Personally I think the hooves are as or more dangerous than the horns.That is what did the most damage to me.I have been young,dumb and stupid when it comes to trying to help deer.A deers life is not worth a crippled or dead human,no matter the situation.A live trapped deer can and will kill you trying to get away.If you are going to do it anyway,covering their eyes will (sometimes) calm them as it often will with horses,mules,cattle and the big birds such as Ostrich and Emu.I am only telling you this as I realize that most young folk are bound and determined to find out for their selves as I did.I did.The deer did.I hurt.The deer hurt and I had to kill it as it broke it's leg in the fence that I was trying to get out of.I then had to heal.The only good part was that the deer tasted great.The worst part was that I did not learn my lesson the first time.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

3. JTR

JTR New Member

State:
    virginia
    my family in Alabama trapped deer from other states and turned them loose on their farm. They used nets and soft walled containers to transport them. they now have a 200lb strain of whitetail and about 50 fallow deer on their farm. Some of the big bucks have necks as big as a 5 gallon bucket! The farm is about 2300 ac and is in the horse shoe bend of the Alabama River. I held my first spoonbill cat from there.

4. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I caught one in my hog trap one time and as PeeWee says about yes it will kill them. I guess it was kind of stupid were I set my trap!!! My little girls got prety mad at me 2!!!