Transducers Question

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by droptine77, Dec 18, 2008.

1. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    How close can you mount two transduces to each other? I already have a Humminbird unit and am about to add a Lowrance and was wondering if they were side by side would one interfer with the other?

2. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I have a lowrance on my trolling motor in the front of my toon and a 997 looking off the back. they interfere with each other a little, it's not bad but they see each other. it leaves uniform lines like clicks on the screen. both still work fine. dont know if anybody elses does it but my transducers are 24 foot apart and wires dont come near each other.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Greg, I have a lowrance a few inches from a humminbird, but haven't used them together. The transducer that I normally use for the lowrance (I have two) is on the opposite side of the engine and I only get interference when I have the HB on side imaging, and that can be almost always be eliminated by using the HB noise filter menu selection, or changing the ping rate on the lowrance a little. If the two are on the same frequency, you may have to play with the ping or sensitivity settings, otherwise you may not have much of a problem at all. Hope this helps some.

4. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    I love my Humminbird but, it doesn't have GPS. The Lowrance does so I think I will just use it for the GPS for now. Thanks guys!

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    If the lowrance is a gps/sonar combo, I would suggest that you go ahead and hook it up and try it. You may be pleasantly surprised. :wink: