Transducers for aluminum

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by crazy, Feb 8, 2006.

1. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
  2. roh1961

roh1961 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I wanted to go that route because I don't like the idea of putting holes in my boat either. I had to pass because they will only work through one layer and with my livewell and bilge pump in the only single layer floor I had I gave up. I could have cut the flooring but I didn't want to take a chance on missing the sweet spot. There is a very small area that is dead center that will keep it from giving misreads by bubbles or leaning in turns. Keep us informed if you use it and how it goes. Good Luck

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    The transducer is around 125$. I don't know if I want to spend the money just to try it or use what came with the depth finder. From all the searching on the web I can't find anyone that has actully tried it. Oh well I might just flip a coin.

4. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    they are fine if you have easy access to the sweet spot for it to work. my bassboat dont have any easy access so i just mounted the one on the transom and the other one is mounted to the trolling motor. lot faster works fine just seal the holes put sealer on the screws before you put them in and squeeze some up in the screw holes and it will be fine.

5. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Ihave one and seems to work alright, cant put much on pros and cons.
    Had a 480 bottomline , hook up to it, 480 had to go, blacking out in summer , ordered a adaptor and will hook up a 102 lowrance to, same ducer.