Trailer wheel

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by fishnfwl, Dec 28, 2007.

1. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Not sure if this is the correct spot to post this, have several trailers that are stored in the gravel lot, or on edge of yard and just got tired of trying to move them around with the "hard surface wheel" they came with, so decided to replace them, mostly for something to do this month. any way replaced that wheel with a 5" tube-tire and wheel, and built the side mounts, 3/4" stainless bolt and nut for axle, also drilled a 1/8th inch hole just in front of nut for a lock pin. can now move the trailers across the yard or gravel with no problem at all, even replaced on on the neighbors trailer for him, works well and all tho I had the 2"x1/4" steel for the sides, I bought the tire/wheel set at local farm store for $5 each, I figure less than $10 to replace the wheels, and would think if you could find the right size tire set all you would have to do is change the axle blot and done. So if you have thought about it, stop thinking and save your back trying to "shove" the trailer around the rocks!

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Randy looks like a great idea. With the added height will you have to remove before trailering? I was thinking of humps in the roads or ramp heights.If this is workable you might draw up the fine points and Whistler will consider it for the library.

3. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Great idea. Thanks for the pics.:006:

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Nope Mickey, it folds right up along the tounge just as the old one did......