trailer problems

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by jrgriffhusker, May 26, 2009.

1. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Seems like every time I try to land my boat I always have about 6 inches of the boat hanging off the trailer no matter what I do. I can't get a transom saver on my motor and I'm worried about ruining my transom. I have a 86 Ebko w/ a 150 Mariner with a shorelandr trailer. I'm thinking about raising my rollers on it. Any suggestions on the best way to do it, besides unloading and reloading 20 times till I get it right or is that the only way to do it. I can't hardly ever get the bow up high enough to get past my rubber mount. Would pictures help in explaining this? This is bugging me and I'm worried about sucking mud up into my motor each time I load it. HELP please!!!

2. catfishcatcher

catfishcatcher New Member

State:
    indiana
    Sounds like you need to back the trailer down farther in the water. If you have side guide bunks I generally submerge the trailer so that the side bunk guides just have a corner of them out of the water. If you are fishing in a river system that has a gravel/dirt ramp then a lot of times the water level being up and down cause make it a little trickier to get the boat on the trailer right. Hope this helps.