Trail Cameras affecting deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kkyyoottee, Aug 29, 2007.

1. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have oftened wonder if the flash bothers them? My daughter says well it be like lighting. And I said lighting dont hit in same spot twice let alone a hundred times. Anyone one have any thoughts on the flash and its affect?

2. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    While I think they are aware, alert.. but they condition to it fast.
    Deer seem to flinch like a deer ducking after a arrow release. But they don't seen to run off.
    Reasonwe feel that way is particularly on a lick or scrape the same critters show up on the Hit Parade time after time..

The Tresspassers and Thieves looking to steal your cam sure have no trouble locating the best hid unit.. with a flash guiding the way.
    We are switching to all Infrared for anything we can't watch. It sure as heck scares the Baaa gezzus out of folks that just stumble on to it.. based on the initial pics and the follow ups ... some funny stuff from time to time.

R Green

3. JTR

JTR New Member

State:
    virginia
    I don't think the flash bothers them much, especially if a food source is close to the camera. Anyone that does not think lightening hits the same place more than once needs to look up the man who was hit 7 times during his lifetime.:eek:oooh:

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    This guy (Sam) can tell you.

5. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    LOL, but was he standing in the same spot all 7 times? I think I'd find a different spot to stand, LMAO!

6. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa