Trail Cam

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Mo.Hick, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I have been getting a lot of trail cam pictures of deer in the last two weeks. All of does and fawns. Just this past week I got 113 pictures of deer. Only two spike bucks in all those pictures. The bucks will start moving more when the weather cools. Hard to believe how many deer there are. Two nights ago with in a mile of the house the wife and I counted 36 different deer. Fun to watch. Have been seeing a lot of turkey also. Been seeing a lot of little turkeys also.

Tom

2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good luck to you in this upcoming season. Thanks for the report.

3. Seth

Seth Active Member

State:
    Owensville, MO
    My girlfriends dad was all wound up because he seen several nice bucks near there land this morning on his way to work. Just a few miles away we seen a bachelor group of six pretty nice bucks in somebodies back yard eating corn. It's almost time for me to get the ground tore up for my fall plots and I can't wait. I've been shooting my bow alot and I'm dead on. The deer better watch out come Sept. 15. :wink:

4. 1 4 Fishing

1 4 Fishing New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    thats the same way here i have a lot of deer but no buck. The first night i put the cam out i think i had about 100 or more pitcher on there but no buck i know that they are out there i scout all the time and see thim.

But good luck this year:smile2:

5. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i havent been seeing nearly as many turkeys around here , as i have in the past. lots of deer but only the ocasional turkey. im used to seeing like feilds full of them on the back roads to some of my bank spots. i have seen feilds full of deer but hardly a gobbler around.

6. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Deer all over for me also! Been seeing alot just across the chain of rocks on my way to Illinois.There is a long patch of trees along the river on the left side..Saw an absolute monster buck there a few weeks ago..Also on 370 just passed the Mills towards 270 there is a small island of trees on the right.Been seeing 4-5 does in there feeding.Turkey on occasion as well..
    Been shooting my bow alot too..DEAD ON!! Man I am getting amped up for it..WOOOOT

7. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Oh yeah..Thought I would share something I read in bowhunter magazine that was a pretty kick a@@ statement.. Maybe I am the only one who enjoys it,but I will share anyhow:

"To a casual observer,the coming of fall,with its growing darkness,chill breezes,and dying leaves,might seem like a time of decay and death. We bowhunters know better. We know that come fall,it's time to celebrate new life!"

8. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Yonder in Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    I'm in Bollinger county. I've got 6 does, 2 fawns, and 3 bucks that spend 99% of thier life in one of my food plots, along with a few turkeys and coons.

Here is the address of a slide show I put on U-tube called "24 hrs. in the life of a food plot". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVyFybDPs6I

Trail cameras are really neat. I got a couple great pictures of a poacher on a 4-wheeler that I will run into someday also.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  9. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Looked out the window right at dark and 4 does feeding about 75 yards out. Then looked on into the bottom and 3 more deer feeding in the alfa field. Dont know what they were though. Too dark.

Tom