Trail Cam Pics

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by bownero, Nov 10, 2009.

1. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Thought I would post some pics of some deer on the property I hunt. This is the first time I've ever used a trail cam. The bucks are fairly small, with the exception of the 4x4, that I would give a couple of years. Just a couple of small bucks and does. Cuddeback Capture 3.0 used.

Attached Files:

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    here's some more.

Attached Files:

3. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    healthy looking deer there Mark.

4. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Thanks Brian!! Not sure, but I would guess that one 4x4 to be in the low 120 class. His brow tines look good, nice spread, needs some better tine length overall. Guessing he's a 2.5 to 3 year old buck. Hoping he'll last that long. Hunting where rifle hunting is very minimal, so that's a benefit for me> strickly bowhunter. Hoping to meet him in a couple of years!!

5. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good pics ! puts a surge in the urge to hunt ! I still like the non-typs. the best . But that is just me .

6. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    thanks for sharin brotha

7. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky

I'm right there with ya Lance! Non-typs for me too!

8. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    I'm with you guys on the non-typical issue. I've yet to see a true non-typical deer around these parts. Some with screwed up racks, but they were small. Most of the large deer taken in these parts have typical racks with a few kickers and sticker points on them for the most part.

Del Austin's Ol' Mossy Horns was the largest and the very best representation of a non-typical rack of any deer I've seen taken around the area I live. Ol' Mossy Horns had 36 scoreable points with a score of 278 7/8" and was the world record since 1962 taken with bow. Now the Beatty buck of Ohio has the claim.

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    http://www.ngpc.state.ne.us/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=013090

link and chat on the Ol" Mossy Horn buck of Nebraska, shot by Del Austin of my home town of Hastings, Ne. I had the opportunity and pleasure to discuss with Del on this buck. Del recounts this hunt like it was yesterday. Many made up stories on how this buck was poached and taken out of season are some of the many rumors that was spread after this deer was taken. I believe the story straight from the "horse's mouth" so to speak. Del is a great man and was an avid Bowhunter. He has take countless deer and other big game with the bow, including Nebraska's first licensed Antleope back in the late 50's!!

10. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Great pics.:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

11. Brandon829

Brandon829 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    My buddy has a very nice buck with great potiential to be a non typical. He's got a large crazy rack, with a lot of points everywhere. I say in a coulple of years, he's going to be one heck of a monster