Trading my boat

Discussion in 'Boating' started by rudepossum, Apr 6, 2007.

1. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have been trying to find a good place to trade my 1988 Ozark bass boat with With a 1995 150 Suzuki that runs gr8. Do to BOC guidelines you can pm me if you know a good place with in a few hundred miles of southwest Missouri. But the main question is. What is the best boat for all around fishing? Lakes rivers etc. I have never been on the Missouri or Mississippi and would like to but am Leary of taking a fiberglass bass boat on them. thanks.

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I can't help you with the trade issue but I really like fishing from a pontoon! They are very versatile. Unlike a smaller fishing boat you are not confined to a seat or bench. You can walk around, you can lay down and sleep at night, plenty of room for gear, coolers, bait & passengers. The kids can swim, tube, etc. Mine has a potty, a grill, a table and a enclosure for rainy days! A pontoon is very stable on a river. That's my 2 cents worth anyway!

3. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    David,
    Wait till Keystone and bring yours there. You can compare with others that are bringing theirs and then make up your mind.

4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    There is no "best boat for all around fishing" -- any boat you buy will make you compromise when fishing for one species or another.

You'll find that a "do it all" boat doesn't do anything well.

Pick a boat that suits your primary fishing style the best. You'll be happier in the long run.