Trading my boat

Discussion in 'Boating' started by rudepossum, Apr 6, 2007.

1. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

I have been trying to find a good place to trade my 1988 Ozark bass boat with With a 1995 150 Suzuki that runs gr8. Do to BOC guidelines you can pm me if you know a good place with in a few hundred miles of southwest Missouri. But the main question is. What is the best boat for all around fishing? Lakes rivers etc. I have never been on the Missouri or Mississippi and would like to but am Leary of taking a fiberglass bass boat on them. thanks.
  2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

Sarver, Pa
    I can't help you with the trade issue but I really like fishing from a pontoon! They are very versatile. Unlike a smaller fishing boat you are not confined to a seat or bench. You can walk around, you can lay down and sleep at night, plenty of room for gear, coolers, bait & passengers. The kids can swim, tube, etc. Mine has a potty, a grill, a table and a enclosure for rainy days! A pontoon is very stable on a river. That's my 2 cents worth anyway!

3. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

Mannford. Oklah
    Wait till Keystone and bring yours there. You can compare with others that are bringing theirs and then make up your mind.
  4. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

There is no "best boat for all around fishing" -- any boat you buy will make you compromise when fishing for one species or another.

You'll find that a "do it all" boat doesn't do anything well.

Pick a boat that suits your primary fishing style the best. You'll be happier in the long run.