Traded my boat for a 1 ton Ford Truck

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by lawnman61, May 19, 2006.

1. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Well guys, I traded my boat for a 1995 F-350 4dr. pickup and it was a very good trade. My boat needed about $500.00 worth of work and I just haven't had the time to fix it and I really needed another truck so I did the trade and got a very good truck.
    I will be in the market for a good used pontoon boat very soon so I can get back on the water. So in the mean time, I'll just have to do the bank fishing thing or go out with my buddies on their boat.
    It was to good of a deal to pass up and I was going to trade or sell my boat for a pontoon boat or a truck anyway.
    The other guy is very happy with his new boat and he may also join the BOC.
    His son already is a BOC member.
    I believe that we both will be alot happier now.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Sounds like you got a pretty good deal there.WTG also for recruiting new members to the BOC!

3. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Al if you needed a truck and had to trade your boat for one, you got the right brand. FORD

4. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Thanks Rusty, I'm not much of a Ford man but I have owned a few good ones in my day and I believe that this is another good one.
    I guess I'll have to change my avatar now....lol
    I will be taking this truck on a trip to Colorado on the 9th of June and will be gone for a week in Estes Park. There is a place in Lyons that you can feed the giant rainbow trout and the wife loves to go there. I hope to do some catfishing up there as well.

5. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Good luck with the catfishing, I know you'll have good luck with the truck.

6. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Man, you traded the BOC submarine in?? What is James gonna do now w/ nobody to save??

LOL

Sounds like ya got a good deal, good luck on findin a toon!!

7. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Yeah I traded the Submarine in for a truck....lol. I know James will have something to say about that. :big_smile:

I needed the truck more than I needed the boat for now though.

8. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I like the truck I got, but I have had alot of Fords that were better off in the junk yard. I think this one will be a good one.

9. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Just think? If you hadn't told them about it sinking , you could have gotten a nice Dodge truck instead, Darn the luck!!!

10. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex

JW, I've had several Dodges and I really like them but I had to take what I could get at the time....lol
    I really am a Chevy man though, had real good luck with them.

11. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    There is at best a conflict of intrest here. That fine sub..boat for a ford? I could see having to part with my boat but I don't even know any one named Henery. I've owned a couple of Dodges, back in the 60's. 68 Charger RT with the 440 six-pack. Then a 69 Dodge Super Bee (383) I bought brand new in Texas. The trucks 78 Power Wagon(318) 4x4. I put 150 thousand miles on it and traded it in on a 95 4x4 Dodge. Finally wound up with a 98 3500 4x4 with all the bells and whistles except I have the V10 for a mill. I'm sure you made a good trade and I hope your truck is as you expect. Just can't leave it to you Ford guys.:007: :0a27:
    Don

12. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I would just place a call to Ford and order a set of toons for the big boy. Now you can save ramp time and have ac while you fish. lol Hope it all works out.

13. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I used to have a 69 Dodge Charger R/T many years ago and it had the 440 six pack also but I ended up rolling it in a race. I blew the right front tire at 160 mph and rolled it several times and totaled it out.
    Then I went and bought a Ford 4X4 with the insurance money and it was a good truck for many years.

14. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    Here's a shot of her the last trip to town with me at the controls. I wonder if she is still goin. I'm having trouble with that guy in the John Deere hat, he looks like I me.

Attached Files:

15. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Yep, just what I thought sitting in the shop. LOL

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I've owned one new Dodge truck and several new Ford trucks. The Dodge was OK but required repairs that the Fords didn't.

I'm flexible, at the present I have a Chevy Avalanche. :lol:

17. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I used to have a 69 Dodge Charger R/T many years ago and it had the 440 six pack also but I ended up rolling it in a race. I blew the right front tire at 160 mph and rolled it several times and totaled it out.
    Then I went and bought a Ford 4X4 with the insurance money and it was a good truck for many years.

Lawman61, if you had a Dodge doing 160 mph there was a Ford right close by either pulling or pushing you. lmao!

18. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Actually after the wreck, it was a Chevy that towed it away....lol
    I was racing an L-88 Corvette when I wrecked it and I was BLOWING his doors off until that time...lol I had a 3 car lead on him.

19. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Not a bad lookin truck brother.