trade monster whitetail reproduction antlers for boat

Discussion in 'BUY AND SELL - MAKE $$$ - GET CHEAP DEALS' started by cjuvinall, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
    Hi, im looking to trade my 2 sets of whitetail antlers that are reproductions, one is a 193 and the other is a 201. i got pics on craigslist which the link is http://chambana.craigslist.org/spo/1105834393.html
    Im looking to trade both sets for a jon boat or anything that floats and can hold 2-3 people, im located in georgetown illinois and cant travel across country to pick up a boat so pls keep that in mind. you can private mail me.

ty for your time.

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    LOL! You can't be serious! I can't imagine trading a boat for a genuine, record set of antlers, much less a repro set. Ludicris, I say! :roll_eyes: BTW: Welcome to the BOC!

Bill in SC

3. Holmes

Holmes New Member

State:
    South Caro
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

4. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
    excuse me, but for 175 each, a jon boat someone might have laying around might want to trade, 350 for a old jon boat is out of question?, im not asking for a 2005+ tracker boat. and for your info jump on ebay and look for a real set of 200+ inch deer and see what they are going for, you could buy 2 or 3 brand new jon boats with that

5. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    nice racks you got there.maybe someone will trade you.just because there some people don't like maybe someone will

6. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
    thanks catman, thats what i thought when i decided to put it up on this site, not to defend myself from being bashed for it, i understand its not the cup of tea for some people but someone might be interested in it. I dont really want to get rid of them, i wanted to mount them and put them up in my studio but the kids are tired of shore fishing, they dont have the patience yet so id see if i could get a cheap boat for me and them.

7. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    If I had a old Jon boat laying around that was just sitting behind the garage not being used I would jump on it in a second!

8. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

I dont think theres been one single bit of bashing yet,But If I had a jonboat ,I'd trade in a New York Minuet:wink:

9. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Whoa er down a lil Chris. I'm sure Bill was saying that, tongue in cheek. It's not like him, or any other member to openly ridicule a newbie, we wait at least a couple days, :roll_eyes: < see the rolled eyes and smirk. So lets clear the air a bit, no need getting off on the wrong foot.
    That being said, welcome to the BOC!

10. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
    I know bear, prob took it the wrong way and no hard feelings just had a moment lol and thnks for the welcome

11. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    There ya go, dont that feel better. :wink: What part of the People's Republic of Illinois are ya from? :smile2: I'm just across the Wabash here in Terre Haute.

12. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
    over here in georgetown, just south of danville, not that far from ya

13. flysure1

flysure1 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Hey wabash river bear, You are close to bashing us Illinoisans---now what other state do you know of where the Governors pitch in and help make license plates? lol. About those antlers I could easily see someone tradin an old jon boat that has set around for 2 or 3 years after they got a different one for them, there is a restaurant on the illinois river at Liverpool Illinois that used to have a full size black bear, lots of antlers, and a replica of the state record blue cat on display, the previous owner might have bought them, someone wanting a decoration for a hunting lodge would be glad to have them probably also.

14. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You might want to do some checking before you sell these or trade them. I know in the state of Illinois that it is ILLEAGLE to sell real antlers or mounts (not sheds).

15. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
    I know lil kat, im a taxidermist, but good info for other people, these are replicas- not real

16. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    Shoot me a pm igot a old john i'd be willing to trade

17. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
  18. Wabash River Bear

State:
    Indiana
    :smile2: I know, the truth can sometimes be painful, for that I am truly sorry. You all would be way better off to cut Chicago off and kick it into the Lake. :wink:

19. cjuvinall

cjuvinall New Member

State:
    georgetown illinois
    we'll we can cancel this thread, i just bought my uncles boat off him today and now the fun begins tearing out the rotted wood off of it and build it back up again and wabash river im stealing your plans but tweaking it abit since i have no welding experince but have all kinds in carpentry so i think ill go with wood instead of alum, ill get some pics and stuff later today and post it in the boat mods, thnx again to everyone that have commented on this post

20. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    COngrats on the boat, I got a few offers for my real antlers but couldnt let them go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.