Trade a fishing trip.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FishMan, Oct 17, 2006.

1. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am just thinking out loud here. Maybe others would have some ideas along this line and if the bosses see fit maybe we could have a section where folks could post their wiliness to trade fishing trips.
    When a brother or sister is going to travel they could check the board to see if anyone in the desired area wants to take out someone fishing for a trade of a new reel or 100 pounds of bait or for a return trip.
    If enough members sign up the trade wouldn't need to be the same two trading. You give a day out and in return you have a day coming from anybody in any area. The BOC board would act as the holder of deposits and withdraws.
    I'm sure there could be problems but could it be worked out or would it end up being a source of friction ?

The thing to remember here is that I am always wrong about everything except what I'm right about. You could say I am right every time unless I am wrong. Like I said thinking out loud.

2. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i like the idea

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I am willing to take a brother fishing anytime he comes through here if he has the time and I have the gas in the boat to do so. I wouldn't think of charging someone to fish with me. Just bring along some good conversation and we are good to go.

4. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's the spirit JW. I'd be glad to take you to one of my bank spots. I owe you a trip. Next time your through here, if it's cold just come by for some coffee and a meal. lol. My home always welcomes good friends. Which I consider you especially and most others on this board to be.:smile2:

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    That option used to be on the board.
    I would also like to see it come back. And it would be nice to trade out trips.
    Pete

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I feel the same as you JW. I like the idea Danny.

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I like that option to and JW you and pete already owe me a trip any way.:big_smile: :big_smile:

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Any time willard, just bring your bad self up here and we will make it happen brother!!!

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn

Yes Willard you have a trip coming. And you can bet it will happen any time your able to make it.
    Now as for catching fish. Well I don't know if you can fish or not LOL
    Come on over buddy and we will get you a big one.. At least 20+ oz HAHA
    Pete

10. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    Now that sounds awesome i would like to be able to come somewhere and not have to pull boat and have a friend their to put me on some fish or just some good talking.

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Now that sounds lke a plan.Don't have a boat but always willing to take someone along to do a little bank fishing. Can't grantee you'll catch fish cause I don't seem to be able to. would love the company though.

12. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I love that idea. I have a house right on the James River that is sitting empty and would be open to letting a BOC member use it for a few days even if I couldn't get time to fish myself. There is a boat ramp 100 yards from the house.

13. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Now Jack, if JW is a comin you'd best let me know so's I can go out and get me a pair of lead boots. He has promised to use me as an anchor, is big enough to do it, but my banty bu** wouldn't hold down much and I would have to be hospitable.... even if I am a Yankee! Anytime anyone wants to fish up here just give us Ohio boys a call.

14. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Shawn, you know that i wouldn't waste a good yankee like yourself as an anchor, LMAO!!! I think chum would be the best choice, :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!
    All kidding aside, you are welcome to fish with me anytime Shawn, I promise not to make you paddle my boat too, LOL!!!

15. SkiMax

SkiMax New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, IN
    Any BOC member is welcome in my boat any time. All you gotta bring is some poles and a sense of humor, i tend to laugh alot out there :big_smile:. If any member is in the Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky tri-state and wants to go out on the ohio, simply let me know

16. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    This is a cool Idea and I would support it but there may be a slight problem.
    I do believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that some states look upon trades as a kind of revenue and they are taxable. It would have to be a pretty sorry I.R.S. character to bust a person for trading a fishing trip but there are some pretty sorry characters out there...W

17. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    We could word it to say I am willing to give take a person fishing. or Is anyone willing to take me fishing. Your point is very important. I think it is about time for a moderator to post here and shoot this idea down or maybe help us out so we could do this within the rules and laws. I will ask a mod to check out thread.

18. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    i whould be glad to trade atrip on santee for won on james river or texahoma but whould take any brother on trip to santee just let me know we will line it up.

19. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    I'm always down for taken people in Georgia/Tennessee-
    I got the boat, if you got the time.
    Dunno if either of us will have the fish :lol:
    -Chris

20. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Fish are just a bonus!!! It is the fellowship, that we seek!!!