Tractors, what ya got?

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by catsmith1, Apr 7, 2007.

1. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Wondring who has a tractor and what ya got?

I got a 1953 Ford Jubilee. 5' disk, blade, and bush hog. Gonna try my luck with a garden after we get moved in the new place on the 16th.

So what ya got?

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    This is one of our smaller tractors, LOL!!! Of course we have a 3,500 acre garden to tend, LOL!!!
    It is an 8870 new holland 200hp!

3. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana

JW, that is a nice little rig ya got there!:wink: What do ya grow?

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    We grow corn, soybeans and, wheat!!! I am proud to help feed the masses!!!

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Kubota 4700M loader and 6ft disc, 7ft finish mower, breaking plow,bush hog, 8ft landscape rake, planter, spreader.

Also JR I think he was taking about your personal tractor. Not the guy you work for.
    Shoot I could show my father in laws stuff. But its not mine. So show your own not what you have to use.:lol:
    Pete

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ford 1980 3600, diesel. Has brush hog, disk plow, blade and hay fork.
    It's mine but I don't run it much. :eek:oooh:

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I know that Pete, it was meant to be funny..... DUHHHH!!!!!

8. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    JW, I thought it was funny and you probably run it more then the owner anyway. I have a 80hp Zetor 4 wheel drive tractor for these hills I live in and a 50hp Massy 2 wheel drive that I rake hay with along with other small jobs around here. I have too many attachments and equipment that goes with them to list here. I don't grow grain of any kind only a lot of hay for the beef cattle I raise and I do some custom rolling of hay for a lot of the farmers around here.

9. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I think We've got too many tractors to list. My dad and I collect antique tractors: I have a Farmall H, Farmall Super H, Farmall 400LP, Massey Harris 44. My Dad has all Massey Harris. 2 twin power Challengers, Pacemaker, 44, 44 standard, Models: 22,30,33,81, 101 Junior, 101 Senior, a pony, and a bunch of parts tractors. We also have a Ford 4000 with a front end loader. We used to have an IH 856, and an IH 806, but they got sold when my grandpa sold the farm.

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I was smiling after that post. :big_smile: Now Post a picture of the big tractor not that little toy.:tounge_out:
    Pete

11. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    I've got a little Massey Ferguson 210 that I use in the garden its about 17 hp 2 cylinder diesel. We bought it new in 1978, it's been one tough little tractor, it spent 25 years blade'n cow manure in the lot at our dairy. After we sold the cows it got moved to the garden. Got a 5 ft roto tiller, 4 foot disk, grader blade and 4 ft bushhog for it. Makes a good food plot tractor too. The 5 ft roto tiller is just about all the little MF will handle though, its a load on it.

Just bought a 4 wd John Deere, 24 hp with a backhoe, 6 foot finish mower, 5 ft bushhog and posthole digger the ther day, should a handy little rig with the rent houses and building we're doing now.

If I need bigger we still have a Ford TW20 (120hp), 3 John Deeres from 120 to 50 hp range,a Long that's about 40 hp, all to do the more serious farm'n with.

12. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    1974 Wheel Horse 16hp garden tractor.
    sittin in the garage don't use it anymore:sad2:

13. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    How do you like the backhoe on the tractor? I have a 27hp Excavator that I am thinking about selling. And If I do, I will add a backhoe to my Kubota.
    Pete

14. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    yes it works good, I've had one before that used a 3 point hook-up and I didn't like it very well, just wasn't sturdy enough. This one has a solid hook up under the tractor and the 3 point hook up and it is really solid , only trouble I've had is get'n used to the joy stick controls, a lot different from the old style hydo-controls, although better after you get used to them, just takes a little while.

15. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
  16. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
  17. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    OK, since the last one went over so good and it was just aone of our little ones, I figured I would go ahead and put up a pic of one of the big ones, LOL!!!

18. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    My father-in-law and I just restored his 1953 John Deere 60. It had been sitting under a shelter for 24 years. Thats a lot of rust. Took us 2 years but it looks brand new today. Ill try to find the pics.

19. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    There is alot of work that goes into referbishing a tractor. You have to love it to do it!