Tracker Pro Guide V-16: Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by JRA, Feb 25, 2006.

1. JRA

JRA New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have been looking at this boat to fish moderately sized rivers and lakes. Does anyone have any experience with this boat or with Tracker Deep-V's in general? I am planning on getting the standard 50 hp merc, but I am upgrading the trolling motor to a MK 55lb. Also, I have not been able to figure out how to mount rod holders on the boat. I already have 4 Scotties, but the gunnell does not look like it was designed to mount anything on it, and there is no way to access the underside.

Any advice you could provide about this boat or on rigging would be greatly appreciated. I would like to figure this out before I lay down the money.

Thanks,
    JRA

2. JAYNC

JAYNC Active Member

State:
    Newport N.C.
    not trying to steer you away from the tracker but triton boats have a lock track system on top of the gunwales all the way from the bow to the stern, and they also sell brackets with rodholders or you can do what I did and buy the brackets and mount your own rod holders. There are also tons of accessories that you can mount to these tracks. I just like it because if the rod holder isnt in the right spot you can just loosen the knobs and slide it to wherever you want.