Tracker Grizzley 1754sc

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by mocatman, May 12, 2009.

1. mocatman

mocatman Guest

Ok guys need your opinion on one more boat. I found a tracker grizzley 1754 with a 40 hp 2 stroke merc, Do you think this would be a good fit for the bigger waters such as the missouri river where i will be alot? 17' 4 long and the beam is 76 inhes. Im new to boating so your opinions are very valuable, Thanks!

2. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo
    Wayne the only thing I can tell is make sure the boat has some sort of a V-hull. You can fish out of a 14ft boat with a 15hp motor if you wanted to but it all depends on your pocket book. I rode in a friends 'flat bottom' boat and it was rough! I currently have a Sea Ark 1760 with a 50hp 4stroker with an 84 inch beam and I think it's not big enough at times how ever my pocket book won't allow the upgrade just yet. I fish the Missouri quite a bit and it does great! So in closing that Grizzly will prob do fine. Good luck and let me know if you're ever my way!

3. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    should be fine except when the barges go by, I try to hide behind dikes when that happens.

4. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    i have a 1648 lowe with 30 horse and fish all over mississippi, and missouri and no problem. that boat sounds like a winner

5. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    Wayne, I think a 1754 would be fine in the river. I have never fished the Missouri but I fish the Illinois and the Mississippi all the time. My friend had a 1754 with a 25 hp on it and it did fine. A rough ride when the waters choppy though. A 40 horse will move it up and down the river just fine. Bottom line is if the price is right and it is in good shape and mechanically sound, It would make a good first boat.