Tracker boats

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Coloman, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    Last spring my wife and I bought a new Grizzly Tracker. From day one we had problems with the boat. A long list of problems,live well pump,seats, carb. in the motor and the floor. We had it in the shop for the live well pump and floor several times for both problems.
    The last floor fix was last May. Tracker had set it to an independent shop for new ribs and floor plate. To make a long story short a 3 day fix turned into 3 weeks. When the floor was finally done the dealership called to say that my boat was done. When I got to the dealership the boat looked like it had been in a fire! Paint and registration numbers where burned off. After throwing a fit they finally painted the boat and reimbursed me for the reg. numbers.
    The 7th of this month We finally had a chance to take it out. We had not been out durning the summer because of work and high temps (100+).
    On the 7th.we got up early and went fishing! After about an hour we where sanding in water ( no bilge pump). Thinking that I had a problem with the plug we got the boat on the trailer and I dry ed the plug area with a rag, the area around the plug stayed dry! As I walked back to the truck to put the rag away I saw a stream of water shooting from the bottom of the hull!

To make a very long story shorter, Tracker gave all most all of my money back on the the Grizzly and put the difference back on a V-18 All fish.

I have had the V-18 out 2 times and all is good! The difference is like going from horse and buggy to a Cadillac.

Moral of the story:
    Tracker did the right thing!

2. huntduck

huntduck New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Great News.With so many (horror stories)this day and time.It is good that
    some peaple still do the right thing.

3. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bill, sorry about your problems but very glad to hear they finally made it right.

The only problem I had with my Tracker was a broke live well pump and a bad battery, of course the battery was no fault of Tracker. The pump was poor Quality Control. When I bought a pontoon I stayed away from Tracker after looking at their pontoons.

4. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I am glad to see Tracker did the right thing. I have heard nothing but bad things about the Grizzleys. I was looking at one and a buddy told me to stay away.

Glad you got everything worked out!

5. rocket256

rocket256 Well-Known Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Name:
    McGill
    With all them promblems I just hope I dont have that many with my Pro Team 190.

6. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have a friend with an 1860 Tracker Grizzly and the boat is losing paint by the handful. It's the camo Blind Duck edition and the thing has softball sized bright aluminum patches all over it where the paint is lifting right off of it. I looked at one in the store and the welds looked like they were done by a high school shop class. I know it's like anything, there's always going to be a few bad seeds. But I saw enough to keep me from buying one when I bought my new boat last year.

7. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    When I was talking to Tracker they said that all of the welds in the boat where done buy robot. They said that it was pretty hard to have a bad weld. I don't know much about the robots, but I would think that bad welds would be fewer.

8. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Bill, the boat you have now is one sharp looking boat buddy. I am sure glad it all worked out for you but if you hadn't stayed on top of them I don't think they would have taken care of your problem. It is really hard for me to imagine a boat dealer drilling a hole in the bottom of a new boat and not knowing it, like they did your other boat.

9. Coloman

Coloman New Member

State:
    Soddy Daisy, Tn
    Hard for me to understand too. You would think that after welding and drilling on the hull, that they would do a little checking for water tight.