Toyota on Pole for Inaugural Nextel Cup Race

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Gordhawk, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    How ironic is it that a Toyota,in there first competition in Nextel Cup is starting from the pole position. I know they didn't do it by qualifying fastest,rather by the luck of the draw,but still I find it interesting that they happen to draw the pole position. I know this isn't a points race,and it will be interesting to see how they run tonight in the "Bud Shootout." I'll make a prediction that neither one of the 2 Toyota's in the race tonight will finish in the top 10! Let's hear what the rest of you think about this.

2. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    id have to say put them in the wall and send them back to were they came from thats all i have to say

3. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i hope they don't win a race this year.

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    That shoe fits about as bad as Nextel Cup.

5. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Being a Dale Jarrett fan; I hope they do well. Let's face it; it's not a "Toyota" any more than Jeff Gordon drives a "Chevrolet":tounge_out:

Jon

6. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Jon, you have hit that nail right on its head! Physically, all these cars are basically the same. Stickers and extremely little variance to each manufacturer is all that decides what these guys drive. Engine blocks may come from a speed team, but there are no differences between any of them. These cars all have the same wheel base, length, width, heighth, and weight. If they put no stickers on these race cars, no sponsors, no numbers, and painted them all the same color, people would not be able to tell them apart while they went around the track.
    Where as, if you did the same with the actual factory cars they represent, and rolled those down the track, they would be very easy to recognize. I think people see the name Toyota in an American dominated sport, and they forget they live in the 21st century (Jaguar ran a car back in the 60's). The fact is, Japanese manufacturers are outselling American cars. You dont have to like it, but it is a fact.

7. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Whats worse.........made in Japan or assembled in Mexico??? Open the door on your Ford or your new Dodge pickup and read !! At least toyota has opened a few plants here.

8. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "...Whats worse.........made in Japan or assembled in Mexico???..."

Smart man.