Toyota loses HP

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Phil Washburn, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    so, na$car has taken 15 horsepower away from toyota...no surprise here. they gave it to them to start the year. remember mikey couldn't get out of his own way last year, and when gibbs came to toyota, suddenly all the toys were fast. it wasn't an accident.

na$car sucks. they feel the need to micromanage every aspect of the sport, to the detriment of fairness. if they don't like you, you ain't gonna win.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

GREAT!!! Now maybe that little arrogant punk SOB bush won't win as much. I figure they already control everything else, why not that?
    Their never gonna go back to real racing so we might as well get used to it or quit watching it.
    I still thing Gibbs had a little extra something under their hoods, disagree if you want but thats my belief!!!

It sucks its only in the Nationwide series though..... :[

3. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    if they take it away from all the toyotas some of them will be way back. kyle seems to be the only one that was using the extra horses. maybe he is the only one who puts all his effort to driving fast.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    This is a hard blow to the toyota cars, I guess we will see soon how it works out

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    john. come up with about 100 million and give to nascar. with the no more win kyle stipiulation. its all about money. so that should do it.:wink:

maybe kyle wont win every other week. but ill bet hes still right there. it aint 15hp winning all those races. mikey cant stay on the lead lap with a toyota. what will he do now??:smile2:

i wasnt supprised to see this. gibbs won 13 of 20 of first nationwide races.:crazy:

so are they gonna dock points? they did for carl when he lost a cover and won. so 7 wins with an advantage should loose something.:eek:oooh:

oh. only in nationwide. never mind. be same old same old at the indy race.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

My post was mainly at JGR and I still think they have an advantage in their engines that Nascar hasn't found. Could be the millions of $$$ that Toyota has invested but why is is just JGR doing that good? Bush wasn't near that good with Hendrick when JJ & JG were dominating.....Something don't smell right to me!:confused2:

BTW, Jerm, The Brickyard is this weekend....You ready for some debates/discussions?:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    here is the real bite for the toys on this. losing that much HP is going to change the balance on the cars. that is VERY dificult to recover from...we'll see how much diff it makes:cool2:

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    JGR has an advantage. A young driver with plenty of guts seeking glory.
    He aint been hurt yet.

Another advantage. I dont imagine JGR is too short on funds either. Enough money to put the right people in the right places within the organization.

Why didnt kyle do as well at Hendricks?
    Why do you favor some co workers more so then others?
    Why do you have friends and best friends?
    You work with some people better then others and you communicate play better with some people.
    Add in a little "I'll show you" attitude and you've a Kyle.

Ever noticed how drivers about to be lapped get up on the wheel and start racing? If they would do that all the time they wouldnt be in danger of being lapped.

Of course some crew chiefs, engine builders, fabricators, etc find a little something noboody else has or figured out. That is the history of racing.
    Seeking advantages.
    An advantage can be well within the scope of the rules.

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

You may be right but why is it ONLY the JGR Toyotas that are doing the winning? Don't give me the money thing, I call BS on that! I guarantee Toyota has sunk many $$$ in all their teams, their there to win, not be field fillers.
    Nascar is gonna figure it out and get it fixed.....Something stinks and it ain't that stink bait in my closet either...:smile2:
    Another thing is JGR puts their engines together in house. The only Toyota team to do so and the dominant team also.....Think about it, it doesn't add up???
    About Kyle not doing so good with Hendrick, I still think he's the little cocky arrogant punk that he was there. Something isn't right switching teams and a superstar the next day.......JGR is up to no good and they will be caught!!!:confused2:

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    guess out of the 7 races not won by JGR carl won two. so thats a pretty good driver to win 2 of 7 that the cheaters didnt win,lmao.

john. im always ready to argue. i mean debate nascar.:smile2:

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I dont doubt that NASCAR has helped Toyota. Thats a given.
    As far as why is Joe Gibb's one car better then others. Remember, Ol' what's his face, the guy that used to be top dog there, Tony something or other aint doing real hot. Dont he drive for JGR.
    Hey what about the Hendricks dominance? What about Jr? He has had the most consistent Chevrolet all year. Plenty of junk Chevies out there chasing him too. You think he is cheating too or do you just think a winner can be a cheater?
    Ol man Jack Rousch has shown his dominance before too. His Fords out ran everybody else's , that is until the other teams figured out his advantage.
    You dont have to cheat to run faster then anyone else or win numerous races.

12. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mikey will be getting black flagged now for not meeting nascars speedlimit... It's one thing to get lapped, another to be slapped!:wink: rollo

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Nope, I don't think JR, Hendrick or Roush have been cheating any(except for the oil lid...LOL). Its just kinda odd that Bush goes from practically nothing last year to a new team with a new manufacturer that assembles their engines In-House. Its just my opinion and I may very well be wrong also. I just think JGR is doing a little something extra(very well illegal, maybe not) to have an advantage. It just doesn't make sense, why are they the only Toyota team that does the In-House assembly of the engines and the others don't and pretty much are mid-pack????? To me, It makes no sense!!!
    When Hendrick and Roush had their good runs they didn't completely blow the field away by a couple seconds each race.....I still say something isn't right. If I'm wrong, I'll admit it.:wink:

14. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    bout time for a brickyard winner thread:wink::wink::0a28::0a28:

if ya see this wolfman pop one up tonight. im not always up early enought before it starts to get to the shop and pick my winner.:embarassed:

15. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    i almost forgot. lol. thanks for the reminder

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    seems that 15hp didnt slow kyle down bit. leading by a second. hes proved it to me.:confused2::embarassed:

17. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Cuzin Carl down 3 laps, this gonna hurt him in the points

18. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ive missed two nationwide races all season. he won both. i shouldnt have even trurned the friggen tv on.:angry:

19. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well im convinced john. kyle is stupid. hes racing carl like hes going for the win and hes a lap down. what a moron.:eek:oooh:

i hope he uses his stuff up and looses this race.

caution. carl get another back. still not sure wheres hes at. the ticker on my garage tv you cant read the names. there under the tube and all i can make out is the times and -1 laps and such names are cut off.

nope. still one down. and running out of time.

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    YES. WALTER. CUZ IS BACK ON THE LEAD LAP. YA.:smile2::cool2: