Toyota in Nascar

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by BigCatSteve, Feb 8, 2006.

1. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    was wanting to know everyones thought on a couple of things i have heard thats goingon in nascar.

1.what do you think of Toyota coming into nascar in 2007,i have heard alot of people who say they will not watch anymore.

2.I hear they want to go away from the Good Ol' Boys of the south.do you think its smart to try and get away from where nascar started

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    That aint all.
    The seats will be shifted 7 inches towards the middle of the car and the bodies will all be the same.
    The only thing that will be Ford, Chevy, Dodge, or Yota will be what is under the hood.

Like I started saying 3 or 4 years ago Nascar racing is the next WWF.
    It's coming.

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I dont like the idea of toyota comming in.Its an American sport and it should stay with American cars.Toyota has all this money to poor into racing and they will take over the sport just like they have the other racing series.Folks its the end of the great American racing series.And wait untill they start that car of tommarow in 2007,after that it will be just like the IROC series.The NASCAR bigwigs are killing our sport.

4. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    The sport will definatly get very very interesting in the next few years,we will just have to wait and see huh

5. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County

6. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    mw and my family talked about them leaving the south and our number one question was isnt that where nascar started.why go away from whats made you one of the most popular sport

7. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Nascars become a JOKE!!! They need to stick to the good ole boys!!! Maybe somebody else needs to start a new series.

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Money has ruined every sport it has come in contact with.
    Right here in front of me I have my scrap book .
    In a news paper clipping from around 1980 Richard Petty won Michigan.
    His take.... $21,000.00. The same race today the winner would undoubtedly take half a million.

This is why watching college sports is so much better then professional sports.

9. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    you know mark i agree 100 percent i love college football and basketball more than professional.money is the root of all evil in sports

10. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Its good to see the NBA also put age restriction on high school players. There is no since in these high schoolers going straight to the pros. Most of them don't do worth a crap and its better for there maturity and college bbl as well. Money kills everything, Even catfish tournaments......

11. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i guess i should stay out of this since im not a NASCAR fan but i couldnt resist. is it possible that everyone is upset about Toyota coming in because........... they might blow the "American" cars away?:D :0a33:

12. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    low blow dink,that hurts

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Shoot, Dont think for a second there isnt BIG TIME money in college sports. The onyl differnce the school gets it, not the players. Look at some of the college coaches contracts. Guys like Pete Carroll are doing much better than they would be in the NFL. (as we have seen before). Bottom line: Money has ruined all sports at every level. $ & politics are even getting to be big time in little league. It's nuts & very sad.

14. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    there is definatly big time money no doubt.but the kids on the field or court play with more heart than professional players.

15. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I dont know where I stand on the NASCAR thing. I sort of wish it were Honda coming in. Hell, more of those are made & assembled here in the US than the "American" car companies. :sad:

I tell you one thing, I think Kevin Harvick has a bog ole target on him. It sounds like Toyota will throw tons & tons of dead presidents at him to jump when his contract runs out w/ RCR. If he does I think Harvicks stock will plummit as far as fan loyality will go.

16. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    He will definatly go down hill if he jumps,for the simple fact that he was the first in the goodwrench after Dale Sr. and him leaving for a foriegn car will anger alot of the "Good Ol' Boys" that watch it

17. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    it doesnt matter, overall Nascar has lost my support and many others will let the sport go, its bad that they want to bring in foreign cars. But trying to get away from the Good ol Boy image, thats just ridiculous this isnt INDY RACING!!!

18. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    well its hard to tell with the former indy drivers that have come into nascar.

19. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    very true, but whatever happened to the old saying," Rubbin is Racing" Now you bump somebody and the driver cries hes crazy, hes trying to kill somebody

20. BigCatSteve

BigCatSteve New Member

State:
    Huber Heights,Ohio
    well now there are far to many pretty boys in nascar,they dont understand old time racing,like Earnhardt or Petty or Allison