Toyota Engines

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by blackhorse83, Apr 21, 2006.

1. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Anyone know what motors the Toyota's will run, can't imagine that they could build anything carberated that could compete.

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Right now, the Toyota engine is far superior to the other three makes. One key aspect of the Toyota engine is its light weight, "160 pounds less than the others." That's because of both design and metallurgy. Toyota is to propose a new engine package to Nascar on July 1st this year.

3. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    yeah ok seeing is believing

4. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Yea with all the motor sports that Toyota run im sure they will come up with something or Nascar will make some changes to get something worked out to much money not to happen.Im sorry but i sure do hate to see them come in to the Cup cars American sport should stay American cars JMO.

5. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I agree letting them in just may ruin the sport, as far as I'm concerned they need to stop it before it starts

6. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    That Toyota will not be the first foreign manufacturer that has competed in Nascar. Jaguar competed back in the 50's.

7. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    I didnt know that Wolfman,so i did some digging and found this.The first road race was held in Linden, N.J., on the site of an old airport. Al Keller won the race driving a Jaguar. It was Jaguar's only NASCAR win.Also they only ran road corse races except Daytona at the beach but track was long straits and big turns they said was like a road course thats back when guys raced there street cars alot also then just drive home lol..Im trying to find some pix to see what kind of car they had all i have seen are coupes.Thanks for info Wolfman.

8. jheard

jheard New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Is this the lyle stokes that has or use to sell chocolate labs? If so please email back and leave a phone number. This is John Heard in Cotter, Arkansas and I would like to speak to you. Thanks

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ok I have a question on this engine even if it is 160lbs lighter dont they still have to add 160lbs of weight to make it even with the other cars/drivers? So what Im asking is does it really matter what the weight of the engine is they still have to compensate for everything else to make them as even as possible dont they?

10. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Now a days almost all of toyotas engines, and vechicals are made here in the USA.

11. wolfman

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Gary, the engine mentioned aboved was proposed to Nascar but has to be accepted by the other manufacturers as well. GM,Ford and Dodge denied the proposal because of the weight difference. But yes you are right, the cars have to meet a specified minimum weight restriction.

12. hoosier angler

hoosier angler New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Maybe we need to get off our fat American asses and compete. If Toyota can do it. The USA can do it better!

13. Majesticman

Majesticman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The problem will be the money they will spend. They have deep pockets and will get the upper hand quick since the big three have cut back on racing R&D.

Toyota has already bought some of the old guys and is going to buy some of the best minds in Nascar. Jarrett said the money was too good to pass up. It all boils down to the cash. You will see a lot of turncoats and possibly one of the guys that knows the DEI super speedway secret.

I hope they go back to the old Nascar and put them in the wall every race. It would be a good way to build a strong fan base. Even Kurt Bush might be cheered. :big_smile:

I wouldn't want to park a Toyota at the track on race day next year. There wouldn't be any paint left on it after everyone walked by and keyed it. Especially if they won. There would be a lot of 3's and 8's on it for sure. :lol: