Tourneys in Alton

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by fishnfwl, Apr 7, 2008.

1. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Or just any descent day on the river, Which one of y'all has an open seat in one of them Big Daddy River Boats and feels like teaching a young, first time rookie how to catch a fish on the MIGHTY MISSISSIPPI? ANYONE? DON"T BE SHY NOW? :smile2: :smile2:

2. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Hell Randy, I'll take ya out! You'll just have to bring your own poles! :crazy:

Actually I just ordered three new Surge Elites, and 3 new Abu Garcia 7000i's!! To top 'em off, I purchased 1500 yards of Hi-Vis Yellow Power Pro!!

I will have half of what was stolen from me up and ready to go real soon!

Anyway, heck yeah bud, I'm off on weekends (except when I get called into work :angry:) so those are the best days to catch me out on the river! I do however get my daughter on most weekends and when the weather is nice, Mrs RiverRat, the baby girl and I usually try to get out there! On one of my weekends where I don't have the baby girl, I'll definately give you a holler!

When the summer heat sets in though, I strickly fish at night and it's not uncommon for me to be out there until the weee hours of the morning catching the bigguns!!:big_smile:

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Grumper and I are fishing Justin's Inaugeral Riverbend Tournament this Saturday Randy so the Cuz Craft is out for this weekend. Well get you out this summer some time though. :wink:

4. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I will take you out, especially if you have a truck to pull the boat. I have a 17ft 1977, ranger with a 85 hp evinrude on it. I have the fishing poles, weights, hooks ect. I can even get he bait. Right now I do not have a truck to pull the boat so just let me know. That goes for any one else that wants to go fishing the miss and mo.

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Thanks fellas...You get the seals figured out Bill? another question, other than yall that own them is there any place to put hands on them Surge rods?, been look at them and CS just would like to see one first hand. They have them over at Bluff?

6. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Patrick I have a AWD Explorer. The way things are looking with my boat I might have to take you up on that

Reps to ya for the offer

7. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Just let me know willie. I am about 17 miles straight east of the arch off I 64

8. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Which Surge Rods you looking at Randy?? I've got a brand new Surge I'd sell cheap!!:wink:

9. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Thanks for asking Randy, I've got the parts and the book, just need to break down and get it done!!:crazy:

I just purchased 3 new Surge Elites and 3 new Abu Garcia 7000i's from a .com site and paid 504.98 for everything! I also purchased 1500 yards of 80lb Power Pro off of ebay for 109.99 to put on the new reels!

I ordered the rod and reels on Saturday(after the tournament) and they got here today!! Another thing, it doesn't matter how many items you purchase, the shipping remains at 12.95!!!!! Can't beat that!

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well Gary, I have no idea, have never seen one, know nothing about them other than reading........ compair it to the CS rods.

Bill I think I know the place you tried to put down in your post, they don't allow you to use them in a post any longer on here :eek:oooh: You talking about the place over here in Illinois that deals with catfish stuff, LMAO! 1/2 my cousins work there its right up the road about 20 miles........

11. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Yup! That's the place!!

12. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well I guess I'll have to stop in and see if'n they have one of dem dar Surge's on the rack :wink: GARY, just what do ya have, and what ya want???? I got this new 202 to put on it :smile2: WOW! its late........... er ah or early :eek:oooh: :eek:oooh:

13. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Dismal report here folks… :embarassed: Most of the Mississippi from Hannibal down to the Ohio is presently above or right below flood stage and in the next few days all of it will be over. Between today and Saturday for the Alton tourney the Mo will rise over 10feet. Level below Alton will be at 21.4 Saturday morning with a rise of 2 ½ ft by the next day. At 21.4 that would put it within a foot of being in the gravel of the parking lot, if someone ramps there Saturday morning and comes back that evening more than likely the parking will be flooded :crazy:. I’ve put in there before at 21 but it was at the crest (I should say backed it straight back with back tires just touching the concrete) :smile2:, now their calling for it to crest in the afternoon of the 15th and that call was before all this rain. Just relaying all them red levels showing, not look’n good for the tourney Saturday.

14. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Looking pretty hairy out there to me too. Be nice when the river gets settled back down.:embarassed:

15. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Darryl, remember your first venture onto the Missouri when you gave a detailed description of what you saw, I think it included how your hair stood up on the back of your neck, it definitely made an impression… Ole Kutter and I went there soon after and something I try to do each time out is to go into the main channel and kill the engine and float down aways to get a speed reading from the gps. Knowing the water speed helps to know a head of time how much weight to use so I don't have to experiment at the fishing spot.… What you saw was 6.5 mile per hour water which is on the fast side but not wild. With a 10 foot rise on the Mo. in the next two days and just a 4 foot rise below Alton, there will be an awesome differential that rarely we’ll see making the lower Mo one wild river. That 6.5 you experienced will be like a back water slough in comparison.

16. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Not only that, now they say we may have snow flurrys on sat morning. Its going to start off about 37 degrees or lower be windy and a high of 45.

17. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Just got off the phone with Justin. If the current Corps. forecast stays the same we are gonna fish Saturday. They are predicting 21.4 below the dam which is very close to where they close the ramp. Justin is in contact with the Corps directly and will keep us apprised.

18. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Thanks Bob, I also want to remind everyone that you can TRAILER at my tournaments so you have many other options for access other than below the dam. Alton Marina, Piasa, Grafton these are just a few. Last year we held a tournament w/ the same conditions.

19. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    I also just got off the phone w/ L&D 26 they said it would not be a problem to lock through they have the times of the tournament and will be ready to lock boats through at 6am.

20. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Can they also put in at columbia bottoms?