Tourney fishers

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by misterwhisker, Nov 21, 2008.

1. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    tourneys are for fun for the biggest part .. just wondering how many tourney fishers we got here in the Big O?? ......like to hear from ya...And what would be your goals for the coming year ??

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I do of course. My goals are more oriented towards promoting and running quality events. My goal in that respect is to his the 50-teams mark for attendance in 2009. I missed my 2008 goal of 40 teams by only 2

3. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have been fishing tourneys for many years now. Most of the ones I fish are small local tourneys up and down the Muskingum River ran by local bait stores. I didn't get to fish as many this year due to lack of time. I won 2, got a second place, and a dnf in another... My goal is simply to win. However, I think next year it will be just to fish as much as I can find the time to get out and enjoy the sport rather than try to enjoy it comepetitvely.. rollo

4. smokey869

smokey869 New Member

State:
    frederickt
    i enjoy going to them, we do usually one a month or so, rest of time i just fish lol

5. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I really like tournament fishing. All the tourneys I fish are on the Ohio. Most of them out of southern Indiana. Yep they are quite a drive for me but I love fishing down there. Guess my goals for next year would be to finally win one. lol. Can't wait till spring time or when ever the river decides to cooperate again next year.

6. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    i know i don't live in ohio but i fish with a small club on the missouri river here in nebraska... and most of our members are there just for the fun of it

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    To be able to actually catch a fish during a tourney, man that would be neat!:eek:oooh: :smile2::smile2:

8. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    fished the cabelas tourney in pt pleasant this past summer...left the ramp at 7am, boated 9 fish before 8..but they were small..our tatal weight was under 12 lbs.that stunk..but it was a good time anyway

9. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    I fish for fun and relaxation myself on the great miami river mad river eastwood lakes huffman dam ponds in dayton ohio nest place to learn will be ceasar creek and more of the little miami river the ohio river as well I always want to bank fish that as well rick

10. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Ive only fished in a few small tourneys. But id like to fish in alot more next year!

11. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN

Tbull, how did you know what I was going to type:smile2: I love the tourny fishing and plan on hitting as many as time will allow in 2009.

12. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I started fishing tourneys about a year ago, did about 8 of them this year, ( Ohio Hills, Cincy River cats, Dura cats, Acats, SW Oh Cat club) sucked something fierce at all of them. Most was on unfamilliar water so as I am learning more water, and building confidence, i hope this next year to fish another 8 or so tourneys and get into a few bigger one and hopefully actually place, that would be a whole new concept for me.....:eek:oooh: I think the ultimate goal would actually be able to bring home more money then I started out with, right now my deficit resembles the national debt.....

Salmonid

13. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    yeah tell me about it...it seems a guy can go out catch alot of fish .... go fish a tournament tomarrow and get skunked well thats my luck anyhow:angry: havenot yet figured that out yet:confused2:

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    We have won our share of money over the years... But, for the money spent in preperation, gas/travel, food for the night, and getting our butt whipped on an occasion..lol... im not even close to breaking even, and the deficit if added up over the years would be something a financial advisor couldn't even fix.... LMAO! But, what else would you be doing with that extra money? right?...?:eek:oooh: :big_smile: rollo