Tournaments

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Skunk Master, Jan 1, 2008.

1. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    It's 2008... I figured that I would start a thread so everybody could start teaming up.. The ones with boats that don't have a partner will be able to see who in the club doesn't have a boat and needs a partner with a boat.. I know it's hard to decide whether your a match with someone until you've fished together a few time, but we need a place to start.. The tournament schedules will be out before too long so it's almost time to start making plans for the new season..
    So everybody in the club that has a partner please start listing who your gonna be teamed up with.. Those that don't have a partner can start listing also.
    I'll start it off.. I'm wanting to fish some tournaments this year and need a partner with a boat..
    Next..

2. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    I have several Cabelas King Kat and several of the Alton Waterfowl events planned for this year. As well, I'm planning on fishing the Classic in September. I'm planning on having Gary as my partner, and I'm hoping Ryan can fill in on the ones Gary cant make. As always, well be fishing out of the Cuz Craft :wink:

3. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Alton Waterfowl... Is that the regular Riverbender Circut out of Alton..

4. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Yes Harold. Its the one Justin runs. I'd like for us to support his tourney series this year. I have fished some of his in the past, and they do a great job. They dont break the bank to enter and they are run well. I hope to make quite a few of them this year.

5. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Because of the weather and partner not showing up last year I didn't get to fish any of his.. But I did attend quite a few weigh ins.. I know the guys at Bluff City tackle that is a co-sponsors of the events.. My partner is now an ex-partner cause he kept making promises to fish and then backed out the week of the tourney.. Which didn't give me time to find a replacement..

6. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Don't know that I will be fishing many tourneys, plus I have several out-of-towners this year for work so I can't be counted on to be around.

7. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I dont have any schedules yet. Dont anybody take this wrong, I fish all local tournaments alone. Have been for years. Nothin personal but its what I do.

8. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    No offense taken by anyone I'm sure Bob. Your representative of the True Ol River Rats that hit the river alone and usually whack some true hogs more frequently than others. I, too, value a trip on the river by my self from time to time. Something about the solitude and peace that comes with a day/night on the river by yourself.

I must admit though, having the boyz in the boat and seeing them whack some personal best this year gives me alot more satisfaction. Dang it was fun to see Branden, Eric, Gary, Ryan, Willie and others having fun and cuttin up in the ol Cuz Craft.

As for the tourney's, I can certainly understand your position and find no fault in it whatsoever. It is a little bit of a handicap to lose those 3 extra rods though. I Kinda wish you would HURRY UP already and hit that magic 65 age. :wink::smile2: For my very own selfish reasons of course :wink:

9. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Once again my friend, nothing personal. I would rather take my time gettin to 65 if its all the same to the rest of you. And if my memory deteriorates at its present rate by the time I am 65 I wont know what you are talking about

10. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Thats all the better Bob if you lose your memory by 65. Well just put you in the back of the Boat and tell you to "Catch Fish". I'm sure you'll manage that part jusssssttttttt fine. :smile2:

11. wielms6

wielms6 New Member

State:
    warrenton missouri
    bob are you sure you arent 65 already or maybe you just look it opps my bad

12. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Ohhh pooor Brian... If he only knew what he was getting himself into.. Poor Poor boy, he will be remembered... hehehe

13. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Hmmmm, never really hit me that way, I think theonecatfishbob looks like Donald Sutherland in that pic :wink:. and well he has always been a favorite actor so that must be a good thing, then I see ol' H, and he reminds me of R.L. Emrey on "mail call" :wink:

14. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    The reason Bryan dont have a picture in his avatar is: Well there are more reasons than one. First of all he cant catch a fish to take a picture with. Second he prolly dont want nobody to see his rolly polly butt. You see it is easier to jump over him than to walk around him. Then he would have to get his wifes permission to go fishin then IF he caught one, he would need her permission to use the camera. She prolly wont let him use it cause she dont want it broke. I could go on and on but its gettin late and I am watchin football.

15. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    In the words of the infamous hicksh.........hehehe....LMAO!!:smile2::smile2:

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    As for tournaments this years guys, I really want for Gateway to support Justins tournaments. Of course this will in addition to our 'Dollar Events'. I feel its essential we still have those. :wink:

What do you all think about supporting the Riverbend series out of Alton this year? Personally, its a great venue and he does a great job with his tournaments. Stew it over and bring your ideas to Leadstock.

17. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    I think it's a good idea, of course as Bob pointed out on numerous occasions, I don't have a boat... hehehe

18. jombieman

jombieman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I am new to the BOC. Great site!! I will fishing with Chris Cordia in his Boat-zilla. I look forward meeting with you guys and fishing with you all. Jombie.

19. wielms6

wielms6 New Member

State:
    warrenton missouri
    well bob (aka Mr morton ) i guess the ride saturday will be full of excitement driving all that way trying to babysit your elderly but however we should get a senior discount any where we stop

20. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Me starting to think Mr Bob knows these new arrivals to the BOC. :smile2: I think Bob is going to have his hands full for awhile. :smile2::smile2: