Tournaments, Champions, and Jugs

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by WylieCat, Dec 14, 2008.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    It was a really cool year for the Carolina Catfish Club tournament series.

The CCC wrapped up its 2008 fall tournament series Saturday on Badin Lake.

Jeff Manning (Bowlerman) had NEVER BEEN ON BADIN LAKE before Saturday, but he walked away winning the event! Heck, he even PM'd me to get directions to the dang access area!! No one ever has an excuse for not fishing because they "don't know the lake".

He did not squeek by either; HE CULLED A 24 POUND FISH!! There was no denying he was the man on Badin Saturday.

Awesome job Bowlerman. You make the CCC and the BOC proud! :tounge_out:

Cary Vanden Broecke (Billfish76) and Matt Barrett wrapped up the points championship in our closest victory yet in club competition. They actually TIED in points with Rob McHenry (shrewboy) and Lyndsay Bighman (BigBird). The tie was broken based on the biggest fish caught in the series by either team, and that fish came from Cary and Matt.

Another cool new thing was that the big fish of the series did not come from where it has traditionally come from. Lake Wylie produced the biggest fish of the tournament series for the first time. :eek:oooh:

We also went to a two fish limit this year. Most teams liked the new format because it is much easier to keep the fish alive than with bigger limits. It also makes it much easier for new and inexperienced anglers to compete. :big_smile:

Sadly, after all the talk the juggers did not show up at any lake even though we allowed them to fish this year. There were a lot of excuses for why. We opened the door for them, but none stepped through. :wink:

2. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    If I remember correct the Wylie tournament had the most weight of the three tournaments last year also. Maybe we need to add Wateree to the mix next year to shake things up:big_smile:

3. Coors

Coors New Member

State:
    north carolina
    they fell and broke their legs before they could step through it sounds like

4. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Yeah, it's a shame that after all the trash that was talked that nobody showed. They had the opportunity to they are fishermen too and actually care about the sport but I guess they just don't care that much.

5. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I agree Rodger Id like to see Wateree added to the schedule next year.

6. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I got a feeling the Carolina Catfish Club tournament series may be a collective effort between both states and span borders next year.

Just a feeling. :eek:oooh:

7. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    sounds like a good idea

8. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    I like the sound of Wateree myself,that would be great along with Wylie and whichever of the others yall decide:big_smile:Mt. Island,Wylie and Wateree would be great

9. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Ya'll need to add Tillery if you want a real weigh in. Why not a night tournament on High Rock in June or July, that would bring some weight to the scales for sure.

10. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    That would put one tourney in NC, one in both states, and one in SC.

How is the CCC of South Carolina coming along? I have not heard much about it lately.

11. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Rodger, It'll probably be in January I hope. After the holidays I'm gonna try to arrange things here for an orginizational meeting.