Tournament

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Kutter, Apr 5, 2008.

1. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Good luck to you all at weigh in time.

I really want to thank all of you fella's who got together and bought the tickets & hotel room for me. Aruba is great this time of year. It was a beautiful day here today, hope you all had the same.

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck hopefully you all catch a bunch of big fish

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    The weigh in should be over by now, has anyone heard any results?

4. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    come on cuz get on that laptop and get us some info.

5. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Well Ed I'm not Cuz and I'm not on a laptop, but.........I can give you some results.

With the river on a hard fall and a front moving through yesterday fishing was tough for everyone out there today. They had 28 boats take off from the ramp with high hopes only to be met up river and down by thick blankets of fog. I got there right before 3p.m. and already a couple of boats had come in empty handed. The first BOC member that pulled up was TheOneCatfishBob with his secret partner MikeJake, with that much experience in the boat I thought for sure they'd have a hog or 2....but nothing. Bob wasn't hardly even off his boat when he received a call on his cell From the Float director himself Catfish Willie needing to be towed back to the dock. But....Willie wasn't coming back empty handed he managed to bring in one fat channel that weighed in around 13lbs. making him the first fisherman in the tournament to weigh a fish. Shortly after that the boats started lining up with only 10 boats out of 28 weighing fish and only 1 team weighing a limit of 5 fish. Cuz and Gary weighed in 1 fish that weighed a whopping 1lbs. (no that's not a typo!) The winning team was Russ and his partner who also only weighed one fish, but it was a GOOD one....76lbs. one Russ 1st place in the tournament as well as big fish. He said they fished the river hard and only managed 1 bite all day. Darryl, Deanna, and Christopher managed to weigh 3 fish putting them in 5th place (just out of the money:angry:). Dan and Harold as well as Bill and Rynus both got skunked, but shouldn't be too hard on themselves there were a few big names there that also didn't weigh any fish. It was a beautiful day with clear blue skies and the sun shining. Everyone at the Boat club seemed to be having a good time and all the spectators were loving seeing all the fish being weighed. The food was great and the people working the scales and collecting/releasing the fish worked hard and everything was done in very professional manner.

6. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

FLOAT TRIP WILLIE Active Member

State:
    St. Louis
    Well guys, all I can say is that the old floater still floats...........LOL
    just thought I'll beat the guys to the punch.
    That way it want hurt so bad.

The tourny was great. It started out pretty darn cold, but ended up being nice
    Fishing was tough for alot of us. Guess we're not PROS yet........LOL
    I ended up with 1 fish 12lbs, alot of nice bites

7. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis

OH!!!! REPS TO THEONECATFISH HIMSELF (Bob Simmons)

Thanks for the tow buddy.
    That was a kodak moment I'm sure Ol' Jer will have fun with that one

8. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    I just thought of something.....Ryan must of really taught Bob everything he knew about fishing since they ended up with the same thing today.....Skunkola!

9. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    I was looking for him and Bill to put up some numbers

10. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Mike are you fishing next weekend?

11. BajaCoop

BajaCoop Well-Known Member

State:
    Poplar Bluff,MO
    so it was russ and jerry that won it.

Can't feel bad about losing to those guys. Jerry and russ spend alot of time on the river and have won their share of tourneys.

Congrats to everyone that had a great time.

So did any of our local guys walk away with some good prizes at least?

12. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    You talking about Justin's tournament? I guess I could, but will be late to get started (I don't get off work till 6am on Saturdays) if I do.:sad2:

13. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    I gonna rig the Jon up this week so I can take it

I walked away with a EGO landing net..............LOL
    It funny do to I just got one at cabelas last week...LMAO
    Oh, But this one floats LOL

14. FLOAT TRIP WILLIE

State:
    St. Louis
    Justin was having problems with his boat this morning also.
    Have anyone heard anything? Hope he got it together

15. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Justin and Matt couldnt get the motor running so they went home without even wetting a line. I won a Serge Elite in the drawing. As for gettin skunked I am blaming it squarely on Mike Jake. I aint takin no blame. And Ryanus get some of the credit for teaching me so much about fishing.:wink::big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

16. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Glad ya'll got to at least go to the river. I laid lamanent flooring all day in a buddies cabin but did see 3 dandy gobblers cross the road.

17. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations to Russ and Jerry on catching the HAWG!! Sounds like a lot of fun under some tough fishing conditions.

18. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    Thanks to everyone who came down to the boat club this morning, to fish or just to help out. Even though the bite was poor, we still had a great time. Congrats to Russ and Jerry for the first place finish, and for the 76lber. Reps to you guys for that. I can't wait to see the pics. Cuz and I fished hard today, and boated 3 fish. A 15 1/2" blue,(which qualified us for the classic, no joke!!) A pallid sturgeon, and a 12" blue. Congrats to the Skipeye family for their finish also. I did end up loaning my SeaArk out to a buddy of mine, and he placed 9th, I think. Anyway, thanks to the folks at Cabela's King Kat for hosting this event, Thanks to all the sponsors for some cool prizes, and thanks to all at Plattin Rock Boat Club for the hospitality, and great food. The event was a success, and hopefully we can do it again.:wink:

19. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    BTW......Team Death Barge. What do you guys want on your avatar????
    We might be able to work something out with you guys, but Cuz says he'll take a fifth of Aboslute Vodka, and I'll take a fifth of Jack! LMFOA!!!!!!:big_smile::big_smile:

20. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    well this is what a $1000.00 blue looks like (76 lbs.)