Tournament Results?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by delbert bumbleshoot, Apr 26, 2008.

1. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    How did the tournament go guys? Wanna go out tommorrow from Kaw Point should I bring the Fiberglass boat and fish the Missouri or the jon boat and fish the Kaw? Saw one boat there at the weir dam/ 435 did ya do any good?:confused2: Gotta know which boat to set up ..... is there enough water in the Kaw that I can run the fiberglass boat without any worries? I could sure get up there a lot quicker. Channels or were the blues biting? Got a ton of free nightcrawlers if I can find some water flowing in I can probabley clobber the channels.

2. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    I think the boat at the dam might have won the tournament.:wink: Should be able to catch a mess of channels there.

3. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Two teams ran up to 435, but only one stayed there all day, John Trager and Matt Bodner... I imagine that is who you saw. The other boat was Josh Davidson and Brad Kilpatrick. Josh and Brad won again, Trager-Bodner came in 2nd, winning weight was around 36lbs I think.

As far as running up to 435, there should be plenty of water for the fiberglass boat, but it always pays to be careful, and that seems to be especially true right around the island above 18th street. I've heard a couple of reports of submerged hazards and shallow water in that section this year.

4. delbert bumbleshoot

delbert bumbleshoot New Member

State:
    Overland Park,Kansas
    Gary you are a wealth of information and the voice of reason once again. I'm thinking if it's 19 miles to the 435 weir and I run 55mph....Well below top speed on my boat I could get up there in like 20 minutes....Or I could hit something and do $5000 damage to my lower unit....or tear a big hole in the fiberglass....last time my gps only said 16 miles an hour on the jon boat so that will take a long time. I wondered if 6 gallons of gas will get me up there and back with a 25 horse motor. I only have one tank. I do have a five gallon jerry can but that's gettin pretty expensive. The whole idea of buying this small motor was to save gas. Even though I have a big boat I don't normally use 11 gallons of boat gas on 2-3 trips.:confused2:

5. Mr.T

Mr.T Active Member

State:
    MO
    You don't need gas to get back...:wink:

6. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    There is some truth to that.We floated down to Kaw Point from 7th Street on Friday when my friends motor quit, about 5 miles. It was nice to have the trolling motor a few times when the wind was blowing us into the bank, but otherwise it was a pleasant float, with a couple of stops to fish.

7. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yeah we ran to the dam but only stayed a couple hours. We took off little after 10am. Had our fish by 9:30 but had one good bite so decided to stay a bit longer. We only caught like 6-7 fish up there but they where all good ones. Only one was a blue though.

8. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have been waiting for the official results from the KC Catfish tournament. Did anyone check out the Cabelas tourney in Henderson? Wow, Nearly 200 pounds for first. Jamison/Thompson caught Two fish over 50 pounds and had a total of 138.35 for Third place. Unreal, that must have been a Pig Fest! Congrats to everyone.