Tournament question - novice

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by Novice, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Novice

Novice New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    about the fishing Ternamint we are ALLOW five fish. IS THAT FORE EACH PERSON OR IS THAT FOR EACH BOAT. THIS MESSAGE FOR HOW EVER KNOWS THANKS WALTER.:big_smile:

2. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Most tournaments set a fish limit per team or per boat.

3. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    In the tournements I've fished, you could weigh 5 fish per team no matter if it was a 1 person team or a 3 person team, just 5 fish per team.

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Walter, it is five fish alive per team/boat.

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    LakeNormanBlues is correct.

Thanks for the question! :wink:

6. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    I was hoping someone could answer a quick question on weighing in fish for the tournament. What methods for transporting the fish alive have worked for you in the past? I read the rules on the stringer and the hole/tear in lower jaw, but was still unsure how to do this. Do you tow the fish behind the boat? I usually release my fish, so it is important to me that the fish are in descent condiditon after weigh-in.

Thanks

7. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Some will keep one fish per stringer, 5 stringers and then transport them in a big cooler or tank with a circulator. Thats what I plan on doing if I can find the right ones.

8. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Marc, you will string your fish while drifting or anchored and then put them in a tank for transport. I know a few guys that forgot the stringer and took off in a hurry, dragging the fish fast or pulling them into the prop can be fatal. Vern

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Billfish has it right. :wink:

One fish per stringer, then transport them from location to location in a cooler with some water. If it is a lake with smaller fish you can keep them in an aerated live well or cooler. Cooler water temps make it much easier to keep fish alive.