Tournament Location Survey

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by martygreen, Oct 1, 2009.

1. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    For you Folks that fish with us or are planning on attending some events next year.Jeff and I are working on the schedule for next year.We are still having Events at Lakes Wylie,Wateree and Monticello.We are interested in adding another site to the trail,right now we are leaning towards adding Fishing Creek Lake on Hwy 21 between Fort Lawn and Great Falls.It is a 3112 acre Lake.It has a new Access area off of Hwy 21,with 2 ramps and a nice big parking lot.We are thinking of having this tournament in May in the daytime.
    How many of you consider this a good place for a tourney and would you show up to fish it if all possible?
    Feel free to post your likes and dislikes as well on Fishing Creek Lake.:wink:

2. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    i would fish it i fish there mostly anyways because its closer just look out for trash like logs and what not ive hit quite a few there and if you go to far up you better go slow or have a jet drive one

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009

3. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I would fish it. It is only about 8min from the house. I also have always wondered what kind and size of cats the guys and gals of the Catawba Catfish Club could pull out of there if we had a tournament on those waters.

4. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    We would try to make it.

Are you guys gonna make the April tourny next year a night event @ Wateree?

5. Stump Grinder

Stump Grinder New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    We would try to fish a tournament on Fishing Creek as long as it is in the daytime.

6. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    i would like to see the extra date at Mtn Island.:smile2:

7. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    As it stands now,There will be no Tourney on Wateree in April at Night nor Day.:0a28::dribble:

Dale if we have one on Fishing Creek it will be during the Day for sure:wink:

8. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Lindsay,The choice was between Mt. Island,Stumpy Pond or Fishing Creek.Mt. Island is in NC waters so the draw was the question.Stumpy Pond does not have adequate parking for a large crowd.Fishing Creek has a new landing and parking and is close to Wateree and hoping we can get some of that crowd to come a little north and give it a try.
    I am excited to fish the Carolina Catfish Club event at Mt. Island at the end of this month,I have never been on that lake,interested to see the turnout and the layout.Maybe in 2011 we can add it to the schedule if we have enough interest to do so.The main thing for us is to keep them on the Catawba Chain of Lakes with Monticello being the only exception to that.Monty is a totally unique place and we will always do at least one there.

9. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I will try to fish all of the waters next yr. I prefer Wateree :smile2: but i know everyone has there pick. Wish we all lived close to Santee then we could add that chain:crazy: Whatever ya guys decide is ok with me. I will just have to go ask my sister and her husband where the fish are down there. They fish there sometimes

10. GEORGE2

GEORGE2 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Sounds good to me. I am gonna try to fish all the Catawba tournys next year, I only missed one this year. Ive never fished Fishing Creek nor Stumpy Pond for catfish but Ive herd its good. Something new sounds good, I had never fished Wylie till this year. If you had asked me two years ago would I fish Wylie for big blue cats and flat heads I would have looked at you like you were stupid but after fishing the Catawba tourny on Wylie this year I have another lake I love to fish for big cats! Go for it I'll be there!

11. FishN4Fun

FishN4Fun New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I am going to try to make as many of the tournaments as possible. Fishing Creek is a nice place to fish as long as you are careful. I haven't done a lot of catfishing over there but have heard good stories.

12. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Never been there, not even sure where it is. But, if there's water and Catfish in them ther waters.................we need to commence to puttin' a CCC Slap-A-Thon on em'!:eek:oooh:

13. nevets91

nevets91 New Member

State:
    rock hill south carolina
    im headin down there friday to see if i cant pull somethin out of there. i know if i pull a nice one out one of you boys will pull a monster out so im hopin for the best:big_smile:

14. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Sunbird,Its a couple of Lakes up from Wateree,Yall Boys would probably come in Hwy 97 off of I77 and take a Left when you get to US21 and it would be up the road just a little on the Right.Not a whole lot further,maybe 15-20 miles at the most.

15. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    I use to live in Great Fall's but haven't traveled those roads over there much. If i remember right, you take the left before the dam (hwy21) go a few miles also a sharp turn and then the landing is on the right. If you don't take the hwy 21 and go across the bridge it goes toward Lancaster and the Springs Park (that is probably the same body of water over at the park) i guess i should had spent time in them waters back then, but i didn't have a boat so i was limited. Now i got 2 and trying to figure how i can fish 2 places at a time:big_smile:

16. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Youre right Dean,You take that left on 21,if you go straight you will cross Nitrolee Dam.They built a new ramp up near the old one.Its a about 2-3 miles up 21 on the Right.We used to spend countless hours down there fishing,we would put in under the Hwy 9 bridge and go up river and camp on the island and party and fish all night back in the day.If you go down river or come up river from the lake you just have to be real careful,there are some real shallow spots and sand bars in alot of that section,if you stay in the channel you will be ok.I have never fished down in the lake except for Crappie,so this whole deal will be a learning experience for just about all of us Catfish wise.

17. catfish98054

catfish98054 New Member

State:
    hampstead,
    marty i think you all should load up and come fish the capefear - i know you would enjoy it -now till march she is wide open ,we got 7 blues sat nite weighed 126lbs total 35.8 biggest its only going to get better

18. martygreen

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Yea I saw those results,that was a great night,we will put the Cape on our to do list in the future.:wink:

19. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Randy need a little info on the Cape Fear. What town, hwy, and landing name do you use?? I always wanted to fish that river and sense i will be getting me some NC lic. may be fishn a lot of new waters. Thanks for any info

20. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    :big_smile:New Lake?:big_smile: Let me know when. I'll be there. I love fishing new water. I also hope to get in all your tournaments this coming season. Sounds Good to me , I don't know enough about either lake you mentioned to cast a vote but either one if its new and schedules permit I'm in. I do like the day time on new waters.