Tournament in Sac

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by CatMan(Cali), Sep 23, 2008.

1. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Not what you were probably thinking, but I had to post about my son's first wrestling tournament. It was a very long and tiresome trip. First we got lost and then we got lost again, and again(GPS lost satellite signal). We got to hotel and left because a few parents didn't feel comfortable and said the place was too ghetto being there were 2 guys about to fight over money in the parking lot(I think they were doing some sort of gambling). So we found a nice hotel in a nice area and stopped there. While waiting to get our rooms we had a lil football game going with the kids in the parking lot and about 50-60 ft away a man gets robbed at gunpoint. We spent the next 2 hrs dealing with the cops. We left Fresno @ 2:30pm and didn't get settled in our rooms until 10:00pm. My buddy saw the getaway vehicle so @ 10:30 the cops came back and took him to a strip club to try and identify the suspects. Wrong guy, but free show. Got up early and went to the tournament. First match my boy was a little overwhelmed by all the people and didn't want to go out so he had to forfeit his match. After his teammates pumped him up it was on, and he started kickin a#*. My boy is only 4yrs old and had to wrestle kids 6yrs old. At the end of the day he walked away with a bronze medal in his very first tournament, even with a forfeit, which could have put him in the match for silver or gold. Sorry this was not a report of CatMan(Cali) catchin the big one, just a report of a proud dad enjoying the first of hopefully many accomplishments to come. I tried to attach a few pics, but don't know if I did it right. Tight linez.

Sean!

Attached Files:

2. Capt Steve

Capt Steve Active Member

State:
    Clovis, CA
    Congratulations to the little guy! He looks like a serious contender.

3. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Nothing wrong with a proud DADDY! CONGRATS BRO!!!!

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Now that was a trip in a half Sean.......nice report and pics. congrats to your son an a nice medal.:wink:

5. raildan

raildan New Member

State:
    ca
    too bad about those low lifes making it a little difficult for ya,but glad everything turned out ok.congrats to your little warrior takes alot of courage for a little guy to get out in front of so many people i have two of my three boys that wrestle and those tournaments can be stressful and overwhelming for the kids and parents.tell your boy to keep up the good work:wink:

6. Catfishhunter85

Catfishhunter85 New Member

State:
    Fresno, CA.
    Whats up Sean,
    Congrats to your son, today a bronze next time gold. keep us update on the little guys medal count.

7. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Next tournament is Oct.11th @ Clovis West. I'll keep ya posted on the results. Take it easy and let me know whenever you want to wet a line.

Sean!