Tournament Directors:

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by kat in the hat, Aug 14, 2008.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hopefully, some of the tournament fishers, or directors can answer this question for me. There are a couple of guys that I went to school with that have started a tournament circuit. Me and my friend TCAT thought about entering the last tourney of the summer that was at night on the Mo. River. Short story shorter...we were unable to attend. Anyways, the question is...Is it common for the tournament directors to compete in their own tournaments? The reason I ask is because they have been competing in their own tournaments, and apparently winning most, if not all of them. Seems kinda crappy to me, and possibly shady. I've never been in a tourney, so it could be common practice. If so, I apologize for my ignorance ahead of time. :tounge_out: If not, what are your thoughts?

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I have only fished in a few tournys, but it has not been uncommon for the events I have attended, although sometimes they have other people "officiating" the event. I like to think that most catfishermen are honest, but you never know when money is involved. Something to consider is that if they started the tourny, then they were more than likely some of the better fishermen in the area, so it is not uncommon that they would do well on their home water.

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Seems to be a common pratice for some Matt. I disagree with it myself but thats just my opinion. Kirk and I dont particapte in our tournaments. We started our series for the anglers and to promote catfishing...
    Ive seen too many of them over the years where the exact thing your describing has happened. We can fish any time and attend other tournaments if we decide to. Just seems like the fair and right thing to do for me.