Tournament Choice rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by GMC FishHauler, Dec 19, 2006.

1. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    I just bought a tournament choice 7' poppin rod. its got pretty heavy action. i was wondering if anyone else had tried these. They are pretty cheap, gonna try it out tonight.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    James I'm not familar with that rod but I hope it does a good job for you when you start dragging those big ones in.:smile2:

3. TxRiverman

TxRiverman New Member

State:
    Lockhart Tx
    I got a couple of those from Academy,and imo they aint worth the money i spent on them. I had one snap in half when casting a 1/4oz buss bait,the other the reel seat broke while i was bringing in a fish.

4. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    James,I have 3 or 4 of these rods I got on special deals from Academy. I have had them for about 5 years. NO problems yet.I have casting and spinning.Also have 2 8' spinning rods MH action that I like. JMO Allen

5. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I've never heard of Tournament Choice Rods, but please let us know how they perform.

6. GMC FishHauler

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    used them yesterday for some buffalo practicing. Did ok, no problems just need to get use to how stiff they are.

7. gadzooks

gadzooks New Member

State:
    Kingwood, Tx (Houston)
    Tounament Choice is, or was Academy's house brand. They've been discounting them lately, think that Academy is going to discontinue the rods. Keep your receipt, though Academy will replace a rod they sell no questions asked, once its off the inventory list of brand of rods they carry, you need the receipt to get a replacement.

8. GMC FishHauler

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    used the one i bought alot recently, caught that 16lb blue with it this weekend and last night caught couple 1-2lb channels with it, still have no complaints. Like i said in prev. post, just gotta get use to how stiff it is.

9. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    One of my fishin buddies has a couple of those rods in Yellow, I've personally seen him land several fish over 25lbs with them with no problems at all. 7' med.action. Bought at acadamy. and cheap price tag. Less than 10 bucks. Mac