Tournament advice

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by Drum, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Drum

Drum New Member

State:
    McEwen, TN
    Hey guys, I am going to be trying a local tournament in a few weeks and wanted to know if anyone has any useful tips. I am trying it for fun, but would at least like to have a fish in the boat at the end of the day for weigh in. I'll be fishing the Tennessee River near Cuba Landing. Thanks guys!

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Keep it fun and pay no mind to some of the ignorant butt holes that know everything and will more than likely be there. Apply what ya know about where ya fish and above all have a good time.

3. catfishbills

catfishbills New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I fished my 1st tournament last July and there was alot of boats and we didnt boat a fish in the tournament, but we did have a "Goodun" on and lost him! We both had a great time and didnt let the "tournament" panic set in! Just remember to take your time and be careful! Your fishing the tournament for fun not fame! I bet alot less people would fish tournaments when they stop having fun!:wink:

4. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    I have only fished one tournament and my friend and I did it just for the fun. I had the biggest crappie and won a minnow bucket. We probably had more fun than anyone. I think my friend won a fillet knife and gave it to me for taking him. We let another guy that was going to the weigh in take our catch for us as we decided to just keep fishing. It was a charity tournament and we just signed up for the fun.

5. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Just keep it fun ! & Good Luck,Hope you do well :wink:

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    Get the best spot first . hope you go great :0a22: